Ever feel awkward browsing the city in public?

Discussion in 'General' started by RubyMini, Mar 19, 2012.

1. I go to a pretty conservative university and sometimes i feel strange browsing this cite in class and the common areas. I feel like some people see the banner and jump to conclusions.

anyone else ever feel a pervading sense of strange when they browse the city in front of strangers?

2. At work with free time I'll browse the interwebs from the computer and GC from my phone.

3. Yeah, that's why I save my forum-time at home.

4. At work for obvious reason I dont on their computer but on my cell I go all out when i feel like it. Cuz I don't give a fuck.

5. Just now actually. its not so obvious besides the giant glass bongs at the top of the page

6. I post usually from my laptop in my room, or from my phone. WHile at school, I post from the Uni Library. Never care if people see what is on my computer. I am sitting at a desk with my laptop, if they wanna see what I am doing, all the power to em. Not a single fuck is given if they see I am posting on a weed forum.

Also, you probably shouldn't be on GC during class. That would make me paranoid, considering I am in class and I would be insulting the professor. I am sure plenty of people who respect the professor enough to not go on websites during class would also take kindly if they notice you don't have notes or a ppt on your screen, doesn't matter if it's FB and GC.

Not to mention, some people can be wound very tight when it comes to following the rules, especially if they are stuck following them while you aren't. Wouldn't be surprised if the professor becomes aware of your internet habits somehow (or from someone) and catches you in the act.

If you are in High School, most of what I said still applies, but what High Schools allow students to use laptops for class, I find them highly unproductive to begin with even in a college setting, let alone a High School setting. Calculators aren't even necessary for High School yet most of our schools get expensive graphing calculators subsidized to them. *sigh* One needs a pen and paper to do High School math.

Moral of the story? Don't browse the internet in class. Browse it on your own time, and you have nothing to be paranoid about.

7. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']I post usually from my laptop in my room, or from my phone. WHile at school, I post from the Uni Library. Never care if people see what is on my computer. I am sitting at a desk with my laptop, if they wanna see what I am doing, all the power to em. Not a single fuck is given if they see I am posting on a weed forum.

Also, you probably shouldn't be on GC during class. That would make me paranoid, considering I am in class and I would be insulting the professor. I am sure plenty of people who respect the professor enough to not go on websites during class would also take kindly if they notice you don't have notes or a ppt on your screen, doesn't matter if it's FB and GC.

Not to mention, some people can be wound very tight when it comes to following the rules, especially if they are stuck following them while you aren't. Wouldn't be surprised if the professor becomes aware of your internet habits somehow (or from someone) and catches you in the act.

If you are in High School, most of what I said still applies, but what High Schools allow students to use laptops for class, I find them highly unproductive to begin with even in a college setting, let alone a High School setting. Calculators aren't even necessary for High School yet most of our schools get expensive graphing calculators subsidized to them. *sigh* One needs a pen and paper to do High School math.

Moral of the story? Don't browse the internet in class. Browse it on your own time, and you have nothing to be paranoid about.[/quote]

Aye aye to THAT^

8. Only when blades use pot leaves and other suggestively themed images as their avatars.

9. GC app !!!!!

10. the glass bongs at the top of the screen get me too...

also, i dont browse in class that often. usually just check it right quick before i open my notes for the class lecture... sounds like you dont like it when people are browsing the net during class, dont blame ya because it is distracting.

as far as avatars go... ergophobic,,,, your sarcasm is hardly funny.

11. Why check it at all? It's not so much the fact that I don't like it because it is distracting, but I can't understand how someone can't detach themselves from leisure when they should be in a work setting. Plenty of time after class to check your phones or GC after class quickly.

12. because im addicted to checking it i guess... like i said i rarely check it while lectures are taking place. pretty much only happens... well for instance, today in my italian renaissance class the professor went on a tangent about physics for five minutes or so, i check it then and got off as soon as we were back on topic.

but then again its pretty laid back for the seniors in my history department. most of our research and work takes places outside of the classroom.

13. When addiction overruns priorities, it becomes a problem. Not saying you have one, seeing as you do rarely check. But many a college kids have been lured into wasting their time on the internet, if you are so addicted that you have to check it in class because a teacher is boring (not a legitimate reason in my book to "play" in class, maybe if the teacher left and didn't leave work it'd be acceptable to check one's phone or computer), it only makes me wonder how deep the addiction runs outside of class.

Just offering advice, if you can't wait til after class to check your computer a couple occasions, it just calls into question where your true priorities lie. I could be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time I am wrong. But addiction is a slippery slope. Don't need drug addiction to have an addiction that can ruin your life.

14. yeah im addicted to this here internet. fucked me real good these past few months, gpa wise.

I always start by just checking me email, then I usually see an interesting news story, then I hit up facebook, then GC, gamefaqs, other shit and after 30minutes i've got 4+ tabs up and I havent even checked my email yet.

15. Yeah kinda, i view it at my university library so there are people directly behind me that can see what i'm look at. But then i kinda realize i never look/care what other people are looking at so i just assume the same for others