Ever been in love?

Discussion in 'General' started by rocksteady, Oct 6, 2008.

1. #1 rocksteady, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008
    I'm in a sort of introspective mood, so I have alot on my mind right now. The past few days have really opened my eyes as to what love really is, and how rare and beautiful a true, unrequieted love really is. Some say that "It's better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all". If that means anything at all, to me it is to be interpreted as loving someone with everything you have, at every available moment. Love is not a game, there's no winning or losing. But if you give your all to each other... purely and honestly, the love will be never ending.

So to all the lovers out there, take an extra second when your in each others arms to feel each others heart beat so close to your own. Take the time to flash one more smile, and whisper one more "I love you". Close your eyes and feel the warmth of love's breath tumbling across your neck.

Although it may not seem like it, you never know when a kiss may be your last, so I urge you all to stop sweating the small things. Don't cheat, don't lie, don't play games with each other because your angry. Instead, remember that little glimmer you each get in your eyes when you're together.... Remember the sound of the laughter you share and the soft subtleties of each others' lips forming a smile.

I came to this realization myself, only on the completely wrong pretenses. I lost the one I loved the most, the one who was my world, and can't help but blame my own self for doing so. There are so many times where I wish I would have taken that one extra second, that one extra smile and told her how beautiful she was. Instead, I took the extra second to hold on to a perfect love a little too tightly.

So please, love each other with passion and intensity. The power of true love is immeasurable and can overcome any obstacle, no matter how big or small. And if you love each other completely... Forever is never long enough.

• Like Like x 1
  2. According to my wife: "no"