Ever been in an earth quake?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ajroxit, Jun 8, 2017.

1. So I was just chillin after smoking a doobie and big island decided to shimmy and shake. It wasn't to big as far as earth quakes go, but it went on for a good 25 seconds. Like a solid 2.0 or 2.5 so the house made noise, birds flew away, that sort of shit.

My pups were running around in circles not sure just what's going on or what they should do. That made me chuckle because I felt like doing the same. I actually got up and made sure the one of the volcanos wasn't going off lol!

It got my heart racing for a few minutes. I'm from SoCal so I'm used to earth quakes for the most part and I've been through some big ones that hit the area. We had this huge crack down the back of our 2-story condo from the north ridge quake. It was the one that knocked all those freeways, over passes and bridges down out by San Francisco.

This island quake scared the crap out of me just a bit. It's going to take some time to get used to the fact that boiling lava and active volcanos connected to the ring of fire are causing the entire island to move around lol!

Anyone been through any earth quakes? The bigger the better !

Edit: I actually used the word "volcanos" instead of "earth quakes" in the question above lol!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I too felt the Northridge quake and later the Big Bear quake. I was in Riverside at the time.

I was watching the morning news and suddenly it went off air. I tried changing the channels, but all were dead. Then I found out why, 1 large shock hit us, then a series of smaller ones.

The Big Bear quake was a rolling, jelly like quake that lasted about a minute (it seemed longer).

Glad this time yours wasn't to shaky.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 2
  3. I've been in Southern Cali for the last 35 years, I've felt a few. :coolalt:

They still get my heart racing. Those few minutes after it stops, anticipating another..possibly a BIG one. Fun times.

• Like Like x 2