Ever been friend-zoned?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by exonmoble, Mar 10, 2012.

1. #141 SqueezetheGrape, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
    i already posted a thread about this. but this thread pertains to it. I became good friends with a married woman at my work who I assumed was off limits. well as time went on I started to kind of notice her flirting. I kept telling myself it was just in my head because there were no incredibly obvious signs. but after awhile the little things seemed to stack up. it seemed like she always happened to get near me when we were both working on opposite ends of the office. she would laugh at jokes i would make across the room. id catch her staring at me a few times. she would always go out of her way to talk to me. like I said maybe she was just being friendly, but it seemed to be a little different with me and her than with other guys at the office.

well a new girl started working with us that I befriended. she was new like me and we got along because we were both new to stuff and our location. we got lunch together and such. well the very day that i started being friends with this girl, the married chick just seems to be completly different towards me. not in a bitchy way, but she seemed incredibly distant. I thought "theres no goddamn way a married woman can be jealous that im giving another girl attention. no way" but i mean...why else would she be completly talkative with everyone else (including the new girl) and be different with me? I didnt do anything I can recall that would make her angry at me.

well after a week of her being weird I decide to bite and talk to her. ask her how shes doing. and just like that shes talking to me again. being nice and friendly like her old self. so im like..hmmmm...weird. but then monday morning comes around and i got a ride from the new girl. the married girl sees us getting out of the car together and what a surprise...shes not talking to me. soooo a week later i start giving her attention to test it out one more time. just to make sure im not fucking crazy. and what the fuck do you know....shes talking to me again!

this is the weirdest friendship ive ever had. part of me is wondering if shes completly oblivious to her actions and maybe im just seeing things that arent really there. but it seems almost too obvious. this is why im fine with just having guy friends.