Even The Lawmakers Do Not Want Obamacare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rhapsodyrcks, Jun 13, 2013.

1. This is to good. Our lawmakers apparently are caught in a web of there own design. There healthcare plans that they presently have are not allowed and they were not listed in the Obamacare legislation leaving them up shits creek like the rest of us. There meeting quietly to fix it but they would have to amend the legislation. Write your Congressman about this people...not that it will help. 

The best part of the article is that they fear a "brain drain" HAHAH. 

I hope that there healthcare goes up dramatically like the rest of us. So far the states that have computed it the average is 50-150% increase in healthcare costs for current healthcare users. 

If my healthcare goes up 100% I intend to drop it pay the fine then use the emergency room and stiff them the bill. If you are a healthy adult you should do the same. 

Most employers are waiting till 2014 to make there plans on if there canceling there entire workforce as always a chance it might go away. Obamacare fines a employer 2000-3000 dollars per employee if they do not cover you. Current costs to provide is 10,000 to 15,000. You do the math. Why would you ever provide insurance to anyone if the fine is cheaper then the cost...and by a huge amount. If you have 10,000 employee's thats alot of dough. 

Good luck to you all. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/obamacare-lawmakers-health-insurance-92691.html#comment-928953152

2. That's a weird system... the employers are responsible for the employees' insurance? What does employement have to do with insurance? What if you got like a little corner store and you want to hire some guy for a couple of hours a week? I thought Obama was basically just adopting the European systems.

3. Obama let the healthcare corporations write a hand tailored bill to benefit them and only them at the expense of the people. Why do you think he and his family and congress and all the other criminals are exempt if it's so good? Is such a great plan that we must be forced into it.

4. #4 rhapsodyrcks, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013

In the US employers pay about 50% of the cost of insurance for full time workers. Part time employees that work less then 40 do not. 

Adopting the Euro model...read up my friend. Its so far removed from the Euro model its silly. People just know of it Americans included for the most part as the term not what it is. 

Under the new rules in 2014 it changes. If you are a small business that has less then 50 employees you do not have to provide insurance. That person then goes to the Health Care Exchange in there state thats online and selects what they want. Depending on income you can qualify for credits to pay for government insurance. If you make to much you have to pay it entirely. Another example of punishing those who have a higher income. Someone else's life is not my fault. Anyhow Small Business USA which is about 80% of America will most likely revolve around the rule of 50 in terms of size. What many will do is break there company up into smaller under 50 to avoid having to pay for insurance costs. 

Whats interesting is places like McDonalds and many others got exemptions from the law...they gave mula to get this get out of jail card. 

Theres trick in the law is its 50 Full time workers. The Darden Group is a good example of this. They own Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Long Horn. They employ about 190,000 employees. The resturant industry can be ups and downs and slim profits. They projections on having to all of sudden provide healthcare for all there employees has them in panic mode. 

There solution...they are testing it out and have been for the last year...its been in the news. Resturants full of part time employees to avoid having to provide them with insurance. There also testing out the concept...do people need a waiter. They have some test restaurants for Olive Garden and Red Lobster where you enter your own order at a terminal and a hostess seats you. Then you pick up your own food at a counter. That would allow them to eliminate the vast majority of workers.

In either case its a fucking nightmare. Now a server who is reduced to 20 hours a week has to have two jobs..or they get canned all together.

In the EU Mcdonalds has had great success with no cashiers but just terminals you enter your order on. Theres a company in San Francisco that has built a machine that can slice the veggies, cook the burgers, assemble them, wrap them in paper and place on a tray at a rate of 300-400 burgers per hour. They say it pays itself off in one year of operation. Combine the two and McDonalds could eliminate nearly all the workers in a store save someone who makes sure the machines are humming along. 

The social liberals sit there drink there martinis and think that Corporate America and the market will not find a way to bypass this issue. All our elected officals have done is quite possibly eliminated over a million jobs or more in the future. 

What makes this whole issue silly is there never was a issue. About 30-40 million people do not have insurance. Out of those people over half of them choose not to have it...yet could. They don't get sick, don't want it, or pay out of there pocket. Your left with 15 million if you go with 30 that do no have it. You could of simply expanded medicare to accommodated them. 

Belive it or not Republicans suggested this along with not being able to drop a person, and no cap. They also suggested that we pass legislation that allows all insurance companies to compete in all states. Right now in some states there are literally only 3-4 companies you can get insurance from. As a result they charge whatever they want. No one listened. Only thing Obama really had to say back then was telling McCain in a big televised conference that he won the election and that it was over. He said with or without support it would pass. 

It never was a issue. It was a issue from our elected officials who believe in social experimentation at the cost of my money and yours. Whats funny is there all running from Obama care as fast as they can. Was supposed to be deficit neutral. Meaning adding ZERO to the debt or so Obama claimed. Last year the CBO calculated 800 billion would be added to the deficit because of it and they revised it this year 1.8 trillion or something over 10 years it will add. 

All so we could insure about 15 million people. 

5. Wow thanks for the explanation man. Very detailed and comprehensive. I would give you rep if I could but a like will have to do. I hope things won't become as bad as you predict because what you say does sound like a nightmare. One thing I want to point out though is the problem you have with automatization. I think it's inevtiable and it will happen more and more as technology advances with or without the government stimulating it. I don't find it inconcievable that most of our jobs will be replaced by robots and machines. Combine that with an exponentially growing population and you've got a problem if you stick to the age old system of working for a living.

Thanks. I hope your right about that. Its one of the things I fear. I read that Foxx Conn the company that makes all of Apples products and many others is investing big time in robots to displace 1 million workers in China. There considerably better then the robots of the past and can pretty much assemble and box a iPad from start to finish. Well see though. Foxx Conn being Chinese and not subject to media attacks envisioned a factor that only had Sys Admin people and hardware maintainers for the robots. Very scary. 

7. All the government does with obamacare and minimum wage, etc, is subsidize the movement from low wage employees to automated machines.

BTW, Buffalo Wild Wings is planning on getting rid of servers; they plan on having a couple people go to each table and tell them about everything going on, then the customers put in the order and a food runner brings it out.  Customers probably pay at the table.

That sucks. They have hot girls at my Wild Wings lol. Oh well. This is the future my friends. The drones asked for it, they have no idea what it actually says, refuse to hear any argument against it. 

So much is said about Universal Health Care but no one ever sits down and talks about the cost. Money does not rain down from heaven and there is a immense cost with anything you do on something like this. 

I will tell you what though Healthcare pre 2014 will be something we all wish for. I pay about 200 a month for insurance for myself. It will most likely cost 300-400 in 2014. How is that any better? How does that solve jack? All it is is shit. 

Whats great to is the fine for not carrying it is peanuts and they cant bill you for it. It will be taken out of your tax return AHHAHAHAHA. Its great. So all the people who can't afford it well they won't pay for it anyhow and rather then getting 800 back in taxes they will get 650 bucks back. All this will achieve is the person that has insurance will see massive rate hikes, then whole industries will be part time workers or simply let go like at Wild Wings. 

Obamas America people. The most insane leader we have had in eons. Everything he stood for is the opposite and everything he said turned out the opposite. He is waaay worse then Bush. Sure no Iraq war, were the enemy now. 

That's a very legitimate concern for all of us. 

It would happen with or without government subsidies. Robots make better workers than humans. At least for jobs that don't require too much intelligent thinking, and we're not all Einsteins. Even jobs that do require intelligent thinking will eventually be done more effectively by computers.
    Eventually we'll have to adapt to this fact and find some sort of system where you can make a living without working for someone. The world's population has doubled over the last 50 years, and technology is also advancing at an incredible rate. I think automization of the workforce is happening faster than we can adapt and I think it will cause tremendous unemployement in my lifetime.

11. The government is catalyzing this event.

Human labor will not be diminished in our lifetime; life has a unique ability to take in new information, adapt, and judge.  There will always be a need for business owners, scientists, improvisational surgeons, even low level jobs won't go away for new businesses (think about starting a new business and buying all of the robots to go in it, it would be cheaper to just pay humans at an hourly rate and count it as an overhead; besides new businesses haven't refined their technique enough to buy automated machines).

Catalyzing this event could be bad for the near future though. 

I think you would be correct brother. 

The Romans were great innovators of technology at the time but at the same time they were very careful on what was allowed  and actually suppressed many new inventions. They greatly feared that new things would cause more poverty or unemployment. 

Emperor Vespasian rejected a invention that could haul large pillars easily. His comment was "Who will take care of my poor?". Its was better to employ 1000 people to do it then 10 even if it was faster. 

13. #13 Johnny Cash, Jun 13, 2013

I think that ability won't be unique to humans for very long. And yes there will (at least for a long time to come) be a need for business owners, scientists, and such, but we're not all that smart. Some people are only suited for manual labor. And sure there will be some need for low-skilled workers for small businesses that can't yet afford robots, but I think that will diminish greatly. Firstly, as soon as that business can afford a robot it's going to buy one. Secondly, businesses that use robots can offer their services to the consumer for cheaper. Thirdly, as technologies become more available and commonplace they become cheaper so smaller businesses can also afford them.

14. Just to illustrate what I mean. I saw one of these at work the other day.

[​IMG]

HAHA thats great. Im sure there was some more people involved but it illustrates exactly the point the above was making. That thing probably displaces a dozen humans. 

16. #16 Johnny Cash, Jun 13, 2013
    Exactly. Plus the ones that remain probably don't have to work as hard and long and therefore might be paid less.

17. #17 rhapsodyrcks, Jun 13, 2013

You are correct on that one. I think over the next 20 years we will see a massive amount of that. 

Well technology is as well. A good example is tablets. That has single handedly destroyed the book world. Borders is gone...10,000 jobs. Barnes and Nobles can barely turn a buck. The digital book market is booming and the fragile margins that stores had are gone. Its not even possible to compete. 

The magazine and newspaper industry has been slaughtered by tablets as well. Tens of thousands of jobs gone, and century old publications that within years of its introduction have vanished. 

The Music and DVD world has been rocked by this. Every year is less money then the previous. 

Take a look at this site. They have very large backers. The makers of this are calling it the "Next Industrial Revolution". Thats not true but 
    its a bold claim for a device that will eliminate thousands of workers. This thing already works. If you take a look at the second link you get to see there vision. A nice bistro with no humans. Most likely in that reality you use your smart phone to pay and out comes a hamburger and not a soul involved. 

http://momentummachines.com/gallery/http://momentummachines.com/#product

As for dimishing human labor well all of the world has migrated because of our technology primarily cheap transportation to make our products say in China for the cheap labor. The goal is zero labor cost. 

Even China is to expensive in some cases. The next big place for cheap labor is South America. Fox Conn and Quanta who make virtually all computers, cell phones, tablets are laying ground work in Brazil and other South American places as the labor cost is less then half the pennies they pay the Chinese. Chinese guy makes 150 a week at Foxx Conn. Still to much money. Soon Fox Conn will pay a South American 75 bucks work him like a dog for 80 hours a week and tell him to be happy. That is greatly diminished human labor. More like diminishing a human soul. 

18. #18 Sovereign Psyche, Jun 13, 2013
    Not only will things become cheaper but human labor has been replaced in the past for efficiency and we have never seen a decay of the need for human labor.

http://mises.org/humanaction/chap21sec4.asp

Also, people always have a choice to homestead, or live in small homesteading communities.

And just to address something you said "as soon as the business can afford a robot, it will buy one." This isn't always going to be true; if you are unsure of whether your business is going to succeed in the next year or not, you are probably not going to be willing to buy a robot which will not pay itself off.  The robot is not always going to be the cheapest option; especially for short lived projects or fledgling businesses.

19. You see my friends. Its already happening. Walmart is migrating to Temp workers not even part timers. That alleviates them from ever having to comply with the Obamacare Act. 

This is not from a conservative publication but a rather liberal one. I read the liberal ones to so I can stay in the loop on there delusions and see what the wealth redistributors are up to. Hillary Clinton once said there was a "Vast right wing conspiracy". There is also a "Vast Left Wing Conspiracy". It seems to make us all slaves to the state for everything, tax everyone to oblivion. Need any proof California has a effective tax rate if you include everything of about 55% for anyone making 100k a year. Thats not two hard to achieve with a dual income family. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/13/walmart-temporary-workers_n_3434555.html

20. Not to overwhelm our troubled minds but things keep getting better. Theres a problem with Obamacare. Apparently there is a loophole that allows a employer not to be penalized if no one gets health care. They can offer a plan that is so expensive that no one takes advantage of it, employer does not get slapped with the 2000 dollar fee, then the employee must turn to the Feds to get insurance or get the individual fine. 

So in essence nothing changes except that your health care costs go through the roof since our current policies do not meet Obamacare standards they have to include more then what normal insurance does. No one else gets covered per the plan. You just get fucked, insurance companies will legally be able to milk you for tons more. 

Obama is so jacked up you could not even make this shit up if you wanted to. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/13/obamacare-glitch-unaffordable_n_3435735.html