Even more strict laws in america?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by smawt_pokur, Jun 26, 2004.

1. umm thats total bullshit...... fuck america

peace

jeff

2. thats fuckin gay god damnit i hate this country

3. Could this really happen? I don't think so. All you'd have to say is you've been to A'dam last week. This law is never gonna pass.

If it does... yer all welcome to Europe

4. LOL! If that gets passed, I'm moving to Canada.

5. We should feel bad for the cops you guys......i know it sounds insane but more and more cops are getting shot for needless shit....2 weeks ago a cop was shot in warren...(town near to where i live)....why did he get shot....cuz some punk kid didnt want a ticket...the cop was only 23 (or something around there).....now imagine if cops had the ability to pull you over and arrest you for smoking a joint a week ago.....i dont think people would hesitate to take matters in their own hands near some of the places i live.....Bah! Gorge Bush is a truly terrible president....Welcome to the land of the free.......

6. Lol, your looking at cops one-sided. Cops all over are able to get away with murder and say some dumbass excuse like they thought some guys' wallet was a gun. How do you feel for the innocent civilians? fuck the cops imo

7. I call bullshit on that one, if the law is passed, ill see you guys in Europe

8. I completley agree

9. And the thing is, it still takes time for it to show up in a piss test. If by chance your system was clean, and you were toking up in your car until you got pulled over, your urine wouldn't show up positive for a little while. So a test like that could be redundant for the cops. And what's even worse is that prisons are overflowing with people already. All this would do is throw even more innocent people in jail, needlessly taking up more space. And what people seem to not want to believe is that when you're high, you're a safer driver. You're more alert for numerous reasons, and one of those being that you don't want to get pulled over. Stoners generally drive slower and more cautiously. The reason for that is that it feels like you're going fast when you're really not (which, I might add, is a great feeling. It feels like you're legally able to get away with speeding!). The main point is, smoking marijuana doesn't hurt anybody. It's safe, and non-addictive. People need to realize the truth about pot. It should be taken out of the "illegal drug community" and legalized. Then you wouldn't have dealers killing people and what not. Alcohol is a far more dangerous drug than marijuana, and it's legal. The reason for that is that people can use it responsibly, and there isn't a problem. But with alcohol, being a far more impairing drug than weed, bad things happen when people get irresponsible. That just doesn't happen with weed. Many, many years ago, alcohol was made illegal for a while. What happened? People started making their own and illegally selling it. People fought, stole, and killed over it. The American people had such a strong rebellion against alcohol prohibition that it was made legal once more. The same thing can happen with marijuana if people would be educated on the subject more. The American public needs to learn the truth. The whole truth. All most of them have seen is the "partial truth" or just flat out lies. We, as American citizens, need to work to get this injustice changed.

Anyway, sorry for that long post. I just feel strongly about the issue, especially since I'm now on probation because of weed.

10. This has got to be against the 4th amendment in some way. Even if this law was passed I don't see it lasting very long. It would only be a matter of time before a good lawyer takes a case to the Supreme Court and they find the law unconstitutional.

The police have always needed probable cause for something like this, and this law can go both ways. One side can argue that any traffic stop is probable cause and the other side can argue that it isn't. Eventually the Defense would win because they always do when the law isn't 100% clear, and this one is in no way 100% clear. It's too shady

11. ^^^^^^^^
    Article IV.
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

i suppose you could interpret it as breaking that, although i thought tht it violated the end of Article VIII more,

Article VIII.
    Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

'oh say can you see....'

12. Our government loves to spend money, in all the wrong ways. I wonder how much this is going to cost us, all the way down the line. from the initial propaganda, to all the new the jail cell space were going to need for all the people who toked two weeks prior to driving but OH! youre busted!! not only do we get to test you for the next 2-5 years and you pay for that, you also get to pay all the fines that go along with this silly law!

13. The biggest problem with our constitution is it's too old. Had cars been around back in the 1700's it's safe to say that they would be included in the 4th amendment. However, since they weren't around back then anything involving a vehicle is shady under the law, and usually weighs in the prosticutions favor. It's one of the few loopholes in our system that goes against the defense.