Even Google has problems finding weapons of mass destruction

Discussion in 'General' started by Superjoint, Jul 4, 2003.

1. By Sam Varghese
    July 4 2003

If the US and the UK are having trouble finding weapons of mass destruction, then they shouldn't be getting all hot and bothered.

The internet's best-known search engine Google appears to be in a somewhat similar boat.

Clicking on "I'm feeling lucky" when searching for "weapons of mass destruction", takes one to a site that has a heading "Can't find weapons of mass destruction". (clicking on this button is supposed to take one to the top ranking site which is listed up when a normal search is done.)

The text on the page reads as under:

"These Weapons of Mass Destruction cannot be displayed. The weapons you are looking for are currently unavailable. The country might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your weapons inspectors mandate."

"Please try the following:

Click the Regime change button, or try again later.
    If you are George Bush and typed the country's name in the address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly. (IRAQ).
    To check your weapons inspector settings, click the UN menu, and then click Weapons Inspector Options. On the Security Council tab, click Consensus. The settings should match those provided by your government or NATO.
    If the Security Council has enabled it, The United States of America can examine your country and automatically discover Weapons of Mass Destruction.

"If you would like to use the CIA to try and discover them, click Detect weapons

Some countries require 128 thousand troops to liberate them. Click the Panic menu and then click About US foreign policy to determine what regime they will install.
    If you are an Old European Country trying to protect your interests, make sure your options are left wide open as long as possible. Click the Tools menu, and then click on League of Nations. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Head in the Sand section and check settings for your exports to Iraq.
    Click the Bomb button if you are Donald Rumsfeld.

"Cannot find weapons or CIA Error

Iraqi Explorer."

2. *chuckles*

Led me to puzzle over:

What if Micro$oft ran the US administration?

for a good few minutes.

Would the lack of WMD be a bsod fatal exception error??

*chuckles*

3. Haha, this is fucking great.

4. damn you krazi.. thats just too fucking weird.
    you wrote EXACTLY what i was going to write. ... right down to the punctuation!.

oh ... no wait... what i had planned was different ... sorry.. i was going to just write

Haha, that is fucking great.

5. That is pretty funny!

6. never noticed this one before...........quite funny...........Peace out.........Sid

7. lmao good stuff, i've already read that awhile back before.. but it was still good for another laugh

8. Yeah I've done that before...it's cool... I'm surprised it took this long for it to be printed about... anyways; it's cool, thanks for sharing...

9. this is from july, but yea it was out a few years ago

a new one i saw a few months ago was if you typed "complete failure" or something along those lines, and press i'm feelin lucky pres bush's whitehouse.gov page comes up... i laughed...

10. type French War Victories and the "im feeling lucky" button. it says, "cannot find french war victories. did you mean French War Defeats? click here...", lol....