Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Evaporating iso reclaim

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JaysForDays, Feb 12, 2014.

1. I gave my oil rig an iso wash and accidentally used a lot of iso, its been sitting unopened for 15 hours and theres been no progress in evaporation. I just want to take some dabs :( also, would putting it uncovered in an oven create a possible fire? I thought 91% iso evaporates, but I havent noticed it get smaller at all.

2. i did this last week with iso and within 4 hours like 75% of it evaporated off

3. You put it in the oven? I used a lot of iso so im starting to think it doesnt evaporate in a big quantity

4. Bump I need answers, its been well over 30 hrs room temp and no evap

5. #5 phunk doc, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    edit: derp, saw the % of iso you used, what type of container is it currently in?

6. Ffs don't put iso in the oven. Just leave it outside and it should evaporate easily. Especially on a windy day.

Sent from my VM670 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. It was in a pyrex dish until I moved it into this smaller glass dish, would that make a difference? Its also sitting in my closet.

8. This is why I was questioning it. I live in minnesota and its very cold here, iso has 9% water and I don't want it to freeze.

9. Dump it into a pan with more surface area, and point a fan at it. I would not recommend using an oven, as isopropyl alcohol is very flammable.