Evaporating Chlorine

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by JKill, May 21, 2020.

1. Mines about 250 also. I run it through a britta and get around 170/180 and go from there. Not much else to do honestly

2. Knowing the starting PPM is only a small part of the issue though. What exactly is in the water is the important point. Most aquifers will have water reports available to read so you can see what sort of things are in your water.

If it fails to grow well for you, a good enough RO filter for hydro can cost under 100 bucks and hook to an existing faucet.

3. I wouldnt have to pay my rent if my water got anywhere near as bad as that.

4. going to fill one of my reservoirs with water straight from the tap, and do one the way that i've always done (leaving it out over night/a few days with bubbling airstone)

Will update with pictures/results

• Like Like x 1
  5. Its been a couple weeks and i've switched both reservoirs to water straight outta the tap.

no more buckets filled with water evaporating chlorine.

if anything the plants actually might seem a little bit happier, than they looked before.

thanks to anyone who helped or offered advice/experience

PK.jpg

6. I do the same on my side of the pond. Never had an issue. 4 buckets, 25 gallon total capacity. using 7 gallon buckets. 250gph pump probably running somewhere around 150-175 gph. I stabilize after a complete flush in about 4 hours. Using Current Culture nutes.