Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

etiquette?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Raisedondairy, Jun 2, 2010.

1. quick question, a lot of the time me and my good friend will be smoking a bowl, and he tends to cough a good bit. so if im ready to pass the bowl to him, and he is still coughing his lungs out, is it acceptable for me to hit it again? or should i wait for him to quit coughing (however long that may be) and pass it to him?

2. is it, your bowl, or his.....

3. Your weed= go for it
    His/50/50=wait
    :hello:

4. Personally, I'll usually just ask, "hey, is it cool if I rip this again while you're coughin?"

5. Good question. I usually ask before passing smoke to a coughing friend. They'll give you the idea of what they want through hand gestures and facial expression if they're still coughing. Generally, though, the first thing I do (if the bong/bowl/blunt/whatever's gone around the group and someone's still coughing) is offer to get them a glass of water. Be kind to your friends, tokers or otherwise, and they'll be kind to you.

6. I always wait, no matter who's weed it is. That's just how it is around here. If a person is in the circle in the first place, everyone hits equally.

7. good idea. +rep

8. its my bowl, and usually my weed...so i guess theres no problem. i just didnt want to seem rude.

9. It depends on how you guys smoke, because everyone does it different. it also depends on whos weed it is. If its your weed, then you take as many hits as you want. And he should know that. Lets say you usually pack the bowl, take 1 hit, then pass. If he is coughing while he is being offered the bowl, then just set it down. Dont skip him. Or if you want to take a few more hits while he is coughing, then you must let him get an equal amount of hits. Its all about equality.

10. This.

11. mhmm. i concur.

12. I feel so loved,:smoking:

13. say "coughing, thats a penalty" and hit it again
    same thing if they stick their hands out

14. He agreed with me, not you man. I don't know what you're talking about, :p.

15. i always wait for whoever it is to finish coughing, and if i have a drink i offer it to them to help with their coughing. really, what is big deal if i have to wait an extra minute or two. its not like taking this hit this second will be the difference between life or death of anything. just be courteous and wait for the person to finish coughing.

at least, thats how it is among my groups of friends :smoking:

16. I always wait for my buddy to finish coughing before I take a second hit, even if it is my weed. If I was just with one buddy and I was to take a second hit, he would take two hit afterwards. I don't know, this is just the way I've always done it.

17. What an awesome answer. Usually if they're coughing too hard to take a hit they'll wave it away. If they don't wave it away, it's nice to wait a minute for them to stop coughing, or offer them some water so they can recover. If it's their weed, or if it's 50/50, you shouldn't just hit it twice in a row without asking; that's really not cool. If you really want to hit it again, and it looks like they're coughing hard, at least ask if it's alright if you take another hit. If it's all your weed, then I guess you have the right to take another small hit while you wait, but I personally wouldn't. Like Green Eyed Lady said, be nice to your friend. If it looks like they're coughing too hard to take another hit, maybe you should focus on helping them out instead of focusing on the weed. After all, it's nice to wait 5 minutes between hits, because you can feel yourself getting higher better, so it's not completely awful if he takes a few moments before he can hit it again!

18. I dont know if this has already been posted, reason being i only read the question post.

With that said, I will take another hit if the bowl has got a cherry if its dead then i will wait. but no sense in wasted smoke.

19. Yo don't be greedy wait and pass.

20. good question, if he's your good friend i don't see an issue, i would understand if i was hacking up a lung and my dude wanted to rip another one.. you can't just leave you buddy sitting there bowl and lighter in hand and expect him to wait on you.. i always ask though, or if i notice that i'm smoking a lot more of the bowl than the person i'm with i typically will pack the next bowl.. when smoking theres no need to use 'etiquette' the easy way to do it is just think of it as just not being an asshole. "do unto others as you would want done onto you" stay blazed bro