Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Etiquette when smoking in groups

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by m00zix, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Well normally we have no rules when smoking at my place. We normally pack the vape, bowl and at least one blunt maybe two if there's more than 4 ppl. But last time we decided to have fun and waterfalled the weed, there was 7 of us, with two blunts and the vape being passed, but you couldnt exhale your hit til you were passed something smokeable, 5 mins after we started we changed to shotguns, then after 1 round of that, we switched back to puff puff pass which is common circle protocol. But what's the point of having rules if there's plenty of weed to go around, and if 10 mins after setting the rules you can no longer remember the rules. Haha.

2. I enjoy structure to an extent when I'm high. And if there is no specific structure, often people will just bong/blunt/pipe camp, so I avoid that all together.

Two more rules:
    1) Always ash before you pass
    2) NO BOGARTING!

Smoked 4 blunts with some acquaintances last night, and all the while the person by the computer wouldn't put on any music we requested and just held the blunt while he free styled to us o_o Some times it's just not cool to be difficult..

3. The reality of the situation is, everyone is annoyed and bothered by different things. Most of these rules are just common courtesy. You wouldn't want someone slobbering all over your phone when they borrow it to call someone, would you?

Rules can be fun, you just have to implement the right ones :smoke:

4. bong rules became ritual since I had been in a house with another toker and any group that had formed already understood any simple rule in place. A slip up did not guarantee harsh treatment, though.. We just, then could recognize who was baked!

5. If one finds a lighter in their pocket and its not theirs, said lighter should be returned

6. The group I smoke with the most gets pretty crazy and funny most times. Keep in mind we are a bunch of friends who have been smoking together for more years then many of you have been alive. We even have many of our adult children smoking with us.
    It's not uncommon to have a few joints and bowls going around at once. The direction doesn't matter nor do we have any rules.
    When you think about it, it's pretty asinine to make up rules about something that is suppose to be fun.
    Besides if someone did make up some rules, we would be the ones trying to break them.

7. I was smoking 3 kids out and this douche called greens as I was loading a bowl, then another calls deuces. Fuckin kidding me? I wait for my last friend to call thirds, he doesn't so I give him greens and I take deuces :)
    Good thing too, those dumbasses didn't even corner that shit.

8. Outside of common sense, I really don't think there's a specific etiquette when toking with others. Everyone is trying to have a good time and get blitzed, so if you're doing anything detrimental to that, fuck you.

9. -Supplier(s) get greens
    -Don't wet the bowl/joint
    -Don't blow it out
    -Don't spill it
    -Don't hold it for an extended amount of time cause you're too baked
    -Don't over-do it just because someone else has a higher tolerance

10. We do things a bit different not really rules just routine.

Bowls/bongs/bubblers passed to the left

Joints and the rare blunt passed to the right.

We usually smoke outside all the shit on my trunk, and it just turns into a bowl bubbler and both bongs being filled with weed and its a weed free for all.

Don't grab the smoking device, it will be passed.

It's my weed I decide who gets 2nd after that I have no say.

Don't lip the joint.

Don't cash the bowl in one hit.

11. What's with all these rules? Jesus smoking's supposed to be fun not regulated. But pass to the left and don't cheef on all the weed is pretty basic.

12. 1. Pass to whoever's closest to me
    2. No babysitting (hogging)
    3. No spit on the end of the pipe/blunt
    4. Fix the run with water, not saliva
    5. Drop the blunt, you get skipped (taboo)

13. #53 TrippinOn420, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Agreed man. Stick to common sense and ur good

14. (most important rule) 1. Whoever rolled the joint, lights it. But if its not there weed in the joint, then he/she who brought it. Lights it.
    2. Make sure you keep to the rotation.
    3. No bumming the roach, that shits annoying when its dripping with some one else's saliva.
    4. No hogging the joint, blunt or whatever. Its so annoying when someone has a drag, then rants for 40mins before taking the next one -.-

15. Etiquette:
    the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of a particular profession or group

Everyone that says they hate rules when it comes to smoking in the context of this thread need to smoke a blunt and read a dictionary. These aren't rules, just common mannerisms amongst stoners.

Chillllllllllll.

16. I pretty much only smoke with people who I know are chill and won't do anything dumb or annoying. I even have some friends who I avoid smoking with because they have done stupid stuff in the past when I smoked with them or friends who I haven't smoked with yet who I just think will do stupid stuff so I don't smoke with them. My group is fairly small and I like to keep it that way.

17. Last semester my friends and I pretty much all paid equal parts for the weed. So pretty much whoever packed it got the green hit. Being the most OCD of the group I pretty much always got to pack it. :D
    But we generally passed to the right I think, since my friend who owned the pieces was usually sitting to the of me.
    The big rules were always put the bong on the floor, not the coffee table, and don't let the great dane knock over the bong. :p Also, don't wait forever to pass it if you're done with your hit. And if you had something to drink it was pretty much fair game that anyone could have a sip.
    None of this was ever really spoken though, just kind of the silently agreed rules. :p

18. Name game for deuces,

19. Hmm, I didn't read everyone's post but I'm gonna give all mine in one post.

First of all, don't torch the whole bowl!
    Take your hit and give it within 30 seconds.
    If you are smoking out of a chillum, don't hold it like a crack pipe with your index and thumb, grab it in some strange way while wrapping your fingers around to get a secure hold. This will tell people you know what you're doing.

Pass the lighter with the piece if they can fit in one hand, if not pass one at a time to next person.
    If you're smoking J's or blunts then learn how to light them well to minimize waste and learn to fix a run.
    Share your drink but they shouldn't take too much.
    Smoke out whoever is smoking you out sometime in the near future.

If you break a piece, you should replace it with an equal quality piece.
    I personally think a piece should be held in the weak hand and a lighter in your strong hand that way you are more capable to do something if something comes at you, your good hand doesn't have a nice bowl full of weed in it. Know what I'm sayin???:)
    Whoever rolled gets to light and whoever bought the weed gets 1 extra hit (if they want).
    If you are hot boxing then please don't roll down the window or open the door.
    Don't talk with the weed.
    Don't bring down someone's high.
    Don't be sketch.
    Don't wet the weed.
    Don't blow smoke on people.
    DON'T SPILL THE BONG WATER!
    Bring Dank.

That's about all I can remember. :smoke:

20. do not break a pipe, do not blow the weed out if you cough, do not whip your dick out for no apparent reason, try to match whenever possible, dont sit on (not pass) blunts joints or shit any thing you are hitting, and most of all dont be a douche lol follow this and you will be ok my friend