Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Etiquette question

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by chiefton8, Oct 26, 2008.

1. #1 chiefton8, Oct 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2008
    I was at my friend's house, and I happily volunteer my weed to share with everyone. The bud is my own homegrown so I wasn't concerned about price or quantity issues of course, but they didn't know that (I don't tell anyone that I have grown my own weed). Some friend's of friends are there also who I don't know and have never met before. I pack my bong and pass it to a guy whose name I don't even know, and the guy smokes the entire bowl in one hit. I repack, then pass it to the other kid I don't know and he hits the entire bowl in one hit also. These aren't super small bowls either (probably 1/2 gram bowls). And this is pretty sexy looking bud too (not to toot my own horn). I was a little taken back that they would just rip the whole thing for themselves and not pass it on to the next. About 10 minutes later they left.

Would you just rip an entire bowl of someone's weed you don't know, and leave shortly afterward?

Again, I'm not losing sleep over this because it was my homegrown and I have plenty to go around...but they don't know that. Just looking for opinions is all.

:smoke:

2. i deffinetly wouldn't do that but different people can be different. maybe in their circles they will only pack bowls that they take all at once

3. true true. different strokes for different folks i suppose. :smoke:

4. Not only would I not do that, if someone DID do that when I passed them a community bowl I'd let them know what's up. I wouldn't be a dick, but I'd jovially let them know it's a COMMUNITY bowl, and that they should take a hit and pass. Not take a hit and cash.

5. sounds kinda rude to me, I would never cash a bowl unless it was obviously a personal bowl. And smoking and leaving without a good reason ain't a good look either. Nothing wrong with being generous, but nothing wrong with people having some respect either...

6. if your packing it so they can kill the bowl in 1 rip then thts ur fault not theirs.

if their taking multiple rips id say 3 mid sized rips would be apropriate on a 1/2 g bowl between a few heads..more than that: they dont get the bong back the rest of the night.

7. Sounds like some very rude individuals in my opinion.

:/

8. I've accidentally killed whole bowls, in seshs. I try not to make the mistake frequently.

9. I go by the rule if its filled to the top of the bowl its a group bowl, anything below should be considered personal or taken as a personal in the light of the cheap ass who tries to pack half a bowl in a group session

10. thats why i hate smoking with other people when its a bong. Im so used to cashing it i never feel like i get a good hit unless i do, anything else and i get this weird like half high placebo thing goin. my opinion is, if you dont have bud to throw down and i dont know you well, im not gonna smoke with you cause no one likes a mooch... thats all those fools were, MOOCHERS!

11. i have a friend that doesn't understand etiquette at all. i live in the suburbs in north jersey. so prices are steep. on wednesday i paid $25 for a g of blueberry jack(good shit, but pricey). usually i can get an eighth of high mids for around $60-$65

so anyway i have a friend that doesn't have a job, never buys, and always wants to smoke. even when he does get some he has so little self restraint he'll smoke it all by himself. last weekend he bought a quarter on saturday, it didn't last through monday. and i didn't get one hit from it.

he invites people to other people's parties. or even worse he texted me the other day asking if i wanted to smoke. i couldn't make it, but later on i heard that he invited like 4 other kids that i would've had to smoke up.

he has even asked one of my friends as he was leaving a party if he could give him a g to smoke later on. and then called him a dick cuz he said no.

/rant

12. That's pretty messed up. I'd be mad. Taking entire bowls in a group session and leaving abruptly is plain rude. They should've brought bud or shown that they would return the favor some time. If tokers can't be nice to each other, who do we got?

13. Some people have different rituals of smoking, but those guys were straight up rude as fuck.

14. I know how you guys feel i've got a friend (I don't rly like him- sometimes) and he like invites himself to parties and he crashed mine once and was a dick to all my friends and he said "oh i was drunk and high wat do u expect"

15. perhaps. i was just filling it up the bowl when it was cashed because there were a couple others behind them waiting their turn. apparently they interpreted it as 'their' bowl when i packed it, which wasn't my intention, but i didn't specify.

i filled it all the way up each time. i agree with you though, if i was passed a full bowl i would just take a nice hit but leave enough for the next. i like to even leave some green on the top of the bowl for the next guy. :)

sounds like this dude isn't a great person to smoke with. he should get a job so he can stop living on other's hard earned money. :smoke:

16. Did they even say thanks? I dunno, I'm always like overly generous so it strikes me as rude when people don't share, or at least show gratitude.
    This kid sounds like a grade a douche. :mad:

Wait, are you saying after they took their hits you packed it again and they took the hits of other people???!

17. no they didn't say anything after they hit it. just ripped and continued with their evening.

no they weren't taking other people's hits necessarily. once they they hit the whole bowl and cashed it by themselves, i passed the newly packed bong to the next in line. i wasn't going to pass it back to them when a couple others were hoping for some action. :smoke:

18. Oh okay, I understand. But still very rude to not say thanks. If I can't match someone I always say thanks and if I think I'll see them again I let them know I'll get them back in the future.

19. if I got a bag and I'm gonna smoke people up with a bong, I only put a little bit in so each person gets 1 good rip. Not that I'm cheap but I've had people smoke all my shit before and then be like "oh my bad we smoked it all".

20. maybe they just always smoke snaps and didn't realize it was a community bowl.

i always smoke snaps, and i've people who when i hand them a snap will hit it once and pass it not realizing it IS all for them. so, maybe this is that situation reversed. i know if i got handed a bong i'd probably cash it in one hit (especially if the person before me did) unless it was obviously a huge community bowl (i feel like comm. bowls in bong are always a little bigger)