Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ethyl Alcohol Extraction?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by fr123, Nov 10, 2018.

1. So I starting experimenting with edibles, and my favorite recipe has been making gummies from Ruffhouse studios coconut oil recipe. I think I did a very good extraction, so much so that friends got decently high on bits of gummy with only 0.1g worth of herb going into it. However, ruffhouse has another recipe for an even more efficient ethyl alcohol extraction. Ive heard people say it is 2x the strength, and others say its not worth it. So, what do you guys think? Also, my dosage is perfect, so if I put 10g into a recipe with normal coconut oil extraction, about how much should i decrease my herb to get the same dosage per gummy with ethyl alcohol extraction. Thank you, I appreciate any help.

2. While you can guesstamate your dosage with either Alcohol vs direct oil extraction you still have to experiment and start low anytime you change processes.

Alcohol extraction bring a bitterness to the resulting product that direct oil doesn't. My direct extraction Hash-Coconut oil is tasty stuff and is like a nut butter while my Alcohol extracted RSO is bitter in the extreme and best capsuled and swallowed whole.

My RSO caps are about half the strength of my Hash caps but that could be my processing style.

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Both are covered in my sub threads.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. You could also look at the Dragon Lite and Another Tincture threads for more about alcohol extractions too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. So, what's supposed to be 2x the strength...the gummies or the extraction itself? I'm not a gummy guy but I am an ethanol extraction guy. You have a lot more options with the ethanol tincture. What's this Ruffhouse method you mentioned? :sneaky:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. If you look up "ruffhouse studios strongest cannabutter" or something along those lines there is a video showing an ethyl alcohol extraction. If you check it out, Id love to hear your thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. This is the link you should have posted instead of making me do it but I don't mind. How to Make The Strongest Cannabutter or Cannabis Oil Using Ethyl Alcohol | RuffHouse Studios

The guy keeps calling the coconut oil "cannabutter" but he's doing a solvent transfer. By the way, ethyl alcohol is ethanol, no difference. Ruffhouse, along with a lot of the rest of the cannabis community, is using my process. Or I should say the process that I have been using and teaching here in my thread for the last several years. I do it for the same reason they say. It is stronger and cleaner than a direct extraction and has more uses.

I've got over a thousand pages about it and it's easier than Ruffhouse says and you don't have to just make a little at a time. Check it out if you want to expand on what you've just learned. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

• Agree Agree x 1