Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by HankMoody, Feb 12, 2012.

1. #1 HankMoody, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is literally my favorite movie. The music, the interesting story, how unique the director style of filming is. I personally think Jim Carrey was robbed of an oscar! :mad:

His performance was like nothing i ever seen before. I just thought of him of some goofy,and funny-faces actor. But after this, i had new found respect for Jim Carrey. The chemistry between Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey was brilliant and felt real to me.

I just think all the blades needs to check out this movie. It really changed me and my perspective on relationships, women, and life.

For those who haven't seen the movie...don't watch the clip i am about to post. This is just one of the best scenes from the whole movie :smoke::hello:

"This is it Joel, It's going to be gone soon.."
    "I know.."
    "what do we do?"
    "Enjoy it."
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJj252Trhrc&feature=related]Meet Me in Montauk. - YouTube[/ame]

2. I'll just put this right here..[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjLJf8YIZmU"]Circa Survive - In Fear and Faith - YouTube[/ame]

3. at first it's kind of odd to hear that a movie starring Jim Carrey can be one of the best films about love ever made, but after you see it you will know why.

4. Definitely one of the best movies around. I too thought Jim Carrey's performance is underrated- it's easy to connect with his characters frustration. But my favorite part is the editing. When he goes from one memory to another, the transitions are different every time but always cool.
    And yeah, this movie definitely makes you think about love and how to look at the past

5. i miss comedy Jim Carrey, but hell, his new, matured style of acting is welcome too. i'll check this out.

kept avoiding this thread cos i thought it'd be some god awful notebook shit lol.

6. :(

ex girlfriend memories

:bongin:

7. Funny thing is, the movie is listed as a comedy! It didn't really feel like one, had some laughs here and there though. Dark Comedy perhaps?

8. if it's listed as comedy somewhere then it's only because Jim Carrey is starring. everywhere I look it's listed as a romantic drama or romantic science fiction. maybe comedy drama but that could be stretching it. I'd save that title for the other Jim Carrey masterpiece, The Truman Show :smoke:

9. Ah, well, i don't know then...I just got that from the dvd case i have of the movie. its right on the front cover titled "A smart, sexy, and seriously funny comedy!"

Interesting though nonetheless

10. Jim Carrey's best role. Excellent movie, very sad.

11. Great movie. Check out "science of sleep"

12. Hah I've got that one also on DVD :p

13. finished downloading it. i think i'll save it for friday - smoke a couple and fire it up around midday on my day off :D

14. just watched this film. like what the fuck...

i got 5 minutes into it and deja vu hit me. it's been years since watching this... so long i forgot everything about it except vague memories of Kate Winslet with blue hair... thanks guys :p

15. hahaa no problem man. Its always great to watch it again, just to see all the 'little' things you forgot, and or missed during the first run of watching. :smoke:

16. considering i cant remember the first time, so the second time is basically the first time; i wonder how much i'll notice on the third viewing :eek:

give it some time though!

17. Another great scene!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFHLE24hDQY]Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (6/11) Movie CLIP - Remember Me (2004) HD - YouTube[/ame]

18. when she says guys are looking for a girl who will complete them, make them feel alive, when she is just as fucked up and looking for her own peace, don't assign me yours.. so true.

Confused people make really weird relationships. I say confused where someone would say weird or misunderstood. How many people look at relationships as just finding your other half of the puzzle, thinking they just need that person to use for their own greater good and get rid of their troubles, it's a fucked up way of going about love.

This movie is really creative. Both Jim and Kate were great, always are. This movie makes me sad to think so many people are so lost about what a true relationship is all about. Having that ultimate connection with someone, grow and age together, respect and support through thick and thin, and most important making sure your both really in love! Don't waste each others time trying to make things work, you should know if someone is right or not for you, and between both of you if there is complete honesty you will both know if its to be or not to be.