Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Etemology of the Joint

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bungalo soldier, Feb 5, 2013.

1. I know in America and a lot of other places a joint is 100% weed and a spliff is mixed with tobacco but from living and visiting all over my own country a joint is mixed with tobacco and if you wanted 100% weed you would roll up a blunt. No one ever seems to use the word spliff except for anti drug campaigns and such.

This always made sense to me when I thought about the name joint. You knoe joining 2 things together. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else, but have any of you blades got any enlightened thoughts?

2. Im from Michigan n I've never seen or heard of anyone, that ik or someone an associate knows, rollin a spliff. Ill roll one every once in a while, usually wen i get tired of usin glass. Hell, most of the ppl i smoke wit only use blunts. Huge lack of variety. But ill take a good kingsize spliff over a blunt anyday. Theres jus somethin about rollin wit papers. Ig cause it takes a little more skill than rollin a blunt. Wat weed to baccy ratio do u prefer?

3. Depends on how much weed I have. When I have plenty of weed I would go for a blunt but as the bag gets lighter so too does the amount of weed in each joint.

4. I've thought this plenty of times, never say anything because I live in the states too, and a joint is synonymous with a pure weed cigarette. But bob marley would smoke 'spliffs' that were straight weed seeing as he didn't smoke tobacco. I guess somewhere along the road it got lost in translation.

5. It is bound to be hard to keep track of names and word when the entire comunity that use the are high as shit <bongin>

6. Lmao true ^^^

7. I smoke joints, with no tobacco, I have a friend who only smokes joints with tobacco, often he hands me his spliff, I ask 'has your spliff got tobacco in it?' he replies 'Nah, it's a blunt'...I puff and say 'Nice joint' he says 'Thanks..but I prefer the spliff over blunts anyday' ...typical of smoking in the 21st century

8. And i'm guessing your 3rd friend comes in and rolls up a nice doobie lol