Estimate the yield to this space

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by guitargasmic, Dec 16, 2011.

1. #1 guitargasmic, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011
    5ft tall 2ft width and 2ft length 5x2x2.
    Conditions to consider is one plant, 4 CFL's, soil grow, Low stress training, and most likely an indica strain or auto flowering strain based on the fact that they grow shorter.

Well any educated average would be appreciated.

2. It depends on a few factors. As in how good of a job u do of growing it, lighting, n genetics. I think those lights wont get u good flowering results but I could b wrong.

3. One SUPER BAD ASS BLUNT !!!!!!!!!!!!

4. What wattage CFLs? How big of a pot? What nutes?

You don't need to worry too much about a strain that stays low on its own if you are using LST...

5. Ok well ill be using fox farm soil, switch between soft white and day light bulb for vegetation and flowering with around 50 watt per light, and smaller than a gallon pot.

6. in my closet i have 2 68w 1 40w cfl and 4 14w t5s for a total of 232w of lighting. the buds are not very big dont expect much from cfls. there are probably 5 or 6 buds probably about the size of my thumb and the rest are little nugs probably just a bowl each. but this is only my first grow. just got a 250w mh/hps in today for my next grow =)

you want 6500ks for veg and 2700k for flowering. and less then a gallon pot? if you really want to see no buds keep it in that other wise at least transplant into a 3 gallon pot

7. So 50w per sq ft, of CFLs, in less than a gallon per pot? Low yield.

8. Like Dado said, Maybe 1 fat blunt or a couple of nice J's.

9. people posting on this topic clearly have no experience growing with CFLs.

I started on CFLs doing several plants at a time as a teenager, I was using 100W actual/plant and coming with 2-3OZ/plant, veg'd for a month. Keep lights close and plenty of room for those roots to grow and you'll pull of a hefty yield, CFLs are very good if used properly and the best alternative when HPS isn't an option.

10. scrog that area... with the correct cfls a 1/2 lb easy...with a scrog of course..
    very important with a cfl grow....keeps that light where ya need it

11. #13 guitargasmic, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
    This is for my own personal stash. i want to be able to yield up to one O per harvest. I cant fit a gallon pot or 3 gallon pot in that area its too big of a pot. And HID lights i hear are a big no no when working with micro because of the heat issue. And on top of that ill require a ballast. The biggest pot ill transplant in is w/e can fit within a width and length of 21 inches. My question is what would be necessary to reel in an O harvest for personal stash? With this limited space and CFL's is it possible, atleast with the recommended 2-3 inches away from the top of the plant? Maybe 100k watts? And maybe shoving 2 plants in there instead of one? Ppl over here sell .6's and .7's for $20. Shit is skimp and it pisses me off. I want to be self sufficient. Any help will be appreciated.

12. I would pack in as many cfl's as you can into that space. I think I saw a few DIY light banks in the DIY section. and scrog is a must. I recently saw the worse grow ever. it was just a clone in a closet under 2 25 watt cfl's. no ventalation or anything, they didn't even have a fan in there. they never turned the lights off on time, they had light leeks, I don't know how they pulled it through but they got about 1/4 oz. when I gave them the clone I thought it would be dead in a week or two but it really showed me how little the plants actually need to survive. bringing out full genetic potential is another story.

13. Thanks. I hope it works out. I think ill do a good job because im doing alot alot alot of research. im learning information that some ppl wait mid grow to learn about or even bother to research. Not to sound cocky but im putting lots of work in the ins and outs of how to pull this off( and yet i can tell i still dont even know about 30% of everything). Heck im probably even going to play music to the plants for added effect because i heard plants respond to sounds and music. I still have alot of time though... im not starting anything until i know EVERYTHING that i need to know... and that goes with equipment like which exact fans to use and etc.

14. sounds to me like you are on the right track. the best thing you can do is soak up as much knowledge on the subject as you can. I started growing about a year ago and I didn't know anything at all about it, and everything I thought I knew turned out to be misinformation. I didn't have an experienced grower helping me or anything (well unless you count all the great growers that post in the cultivation forums), I just sat down and started reading, then I read some more. I watched every youtube video I could find and read every thread on GC and countless other grow forums. now I've had multiple successful harvests and I feel super confident in my growing ability. I've spent many thousands of $ on my grow room now and it pumps out dank every 2 months like clockwork.

15. Hmm, well my space has only a tiny bit bigger footprint than yours (plus mine is a foot shorter) and I can fit four 5-gallon buckets, running a 400w HID. You need to give your plants as much root volume and as much intense light as possible, your harvest is your payback.

This isn't a CFL-bashing thread, it's advising that the OP needs more than he's planning.

16. dude my first grow was with cfls.. i had about 650watts in cfl in a closet.. 3 plants.. they turned out to be about 3 1/2 feet tall i got about 2.5 zips from them.

17. if you think the music will help you..yes you have allot of reading to do..
    ur best bet is to latch on to a vet grower and take only his or her advise..
    to many folks will tell u different things, an oz a plant is easy when handled right,
    but keep in mind the flower cycle is 10 weeks, so will a oz last you that long..
    if not keep reading...:)