Estimate on yield?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by TyroneH, Jan 8, 2019.

1. He's a frigging character aint he lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. He sure is thats how I like peoples to be lol and high of course lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I just order a 1000w HPS grow light, should be here Monday, plants still got 4-6 weeks of flower left do you guys think it’ll have any big effect on them in I put it in there next week?

4. More watts = bigger buds grow space consideration to be accounted for

5. got Decent space, in a 5x5x6.6ft tent, they still got about over a foot from the wall from all sides with plant. I’m just hoping I can get the light on there fast enough for it to have a noticeable effect on yield

6. in the meantime this is how they are doing under a “1000w” led which only pulls 200w from the wall. They are About 4-5 weeks into flower

Attached Files:

7. You will certainly see them bulk up with a1000w HPS your catching it about right anyway as we all know first 2 weeks flower is flower transition then next 3 -8 weeks they explode and then mature you will notice on your power output too 1000w is allot of juice to pull but oh so worth it.

8. Received the hps bulb two days after ordering haha. Still no good because I’m still waiting for a ballast to deliver lol

Attached Files:

9. It means they are using that for marketing and nothing else. If there are 100 LEDs on that board then they are supposedly 10 watt led chips each. That doesn't mean they are driven at that power by any means. I didn't find anything in the description of that light saying they are 10 watt chips either.

A 600 watt HPS will do far more for your plants than that light I'm near certain. It looks like you have trained the plant somewhat to have a flat canopy. That is good for using led lights as penetration with them is debated/said to not be as good as a HPS light. Either way the HPS will be a great addition if that is the route you decide to go.

If you keep temperatures in check and can afford the electricity, run both lights at once. It seems like you were planning to anyhow which is good.

Edit: I didn't see the two posts under the one I quoted and replied to. 1000 watts is going to be wonderful for your grow. Enjoy the growth!

10. #30 TyroneH, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Plants are loving the new light! One turned hermie but I think it was a bad seed. Had to dim it to 750w though because heat was getting a bit high, temps are between 26-28c and plants are about roughly 3 weeks from harvest I say lol, I’m honestly just waiting to get this grow over with so I can get new plants in there and see the vigorous vegatative growth under this hps light. 50,000 lux at the tops of the plants, I’ll be getting a aircooled hood once I gets my tax return.

Attached Files:

11. The hps at 1000w puts out 80,000lux(50,000 at 750w) almost 3 ft from the light, my LED grow light only puts out 12,000lux 16 inches from the plants. What a difference, LED marketing is bs honestly lol

12. Hermie could be a range of things. I just had a plant hermie on me as well this past grow. Did you chop yours or move it out of that grow space?

It's always fun to plan ahead for the upcoming grow. So much potential! Have you thought about using MH instead of HPS during veg? Air-cooled hoods vastly help with temperatures in my experience. That will be a nice upgrade.

There will be BS marketing for any product on the market. However, I agree there are a lot of bogus claims with LED. Certain brands in particular. I do think there are legit LED lights out there that produce good results. It's my preferred method of light for growing currently. I have grown with most styles of lighting and have got great results from all of them. What I mean by that is I have harvested weed that's good enough for me with varying styles of light source. I never sell and rarely train for high GPW grows. So, for me, if I get enough good weed until next harvest I am happy.

I'm not saying LED is or isn't better than HID. It's obviously a controversial topic. I think certain LED lights can work great, just as HID can work great. If it fits a growers style then that's what matters to me. It seems HID compared to your previous experience with LED will suit you better. I look forward to seeing a complete grow from you under that 1000 watt light!

13. #33 TyroneH, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    LEDs can be excellent lights if it’s the right ones and yield more gpw than hps, I like them and I would’ve gotten a high powered one if I could afford it. it’s a bit more expensive for high quality ones, I was gonna just stick with hps first and se how that goes, I don’t think the hps is gonna do much for them now where they are so late budding, but they have fattened a tiny bit. I’m gonna try 12/12 from seed I saw impressive results under 600w+ lights and I’m gonna try to harvest one plant per month just to see how that goes. This grow went kinda derp lol had two very well trained plants with 20+ colas, one went hermie so chopped it down, I left one untrained to see what it was like and I regretted not training it after it came out with only 9 colas, and one plant was slow during the entire grow, was a seed my buddy wanted me to grow for him but it was a bad plant lol, a fellow grower is gonna give me a baggy with 2000 feminized blueberry kush seeds and I’m gonna get some germinated the Tuesday coming.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Harvest was 2 oz from two plants, one hemied had to remove it. I think the led was in there to long before I got my hps light so it couldn’t do much, the only had little over a week and half under the hps

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Was that the plant that hermied? I was gonna post it looks a little manly but noticed it was in january lol

Good lookin buds, I think you'll definitely yield more next go with that hps for flowering from the beginning

16. #36 bobanis, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    420 pounds

Kind of hard to make a judgement that early in flower, i can't judge how good buds your light can produce yet but i can tell you there is a good bit of stretching and distance from each site, a bit more than i'd want personally.

Sorry i'm really baked i just read the first post and didn't go through the rest of the messages, congrats on the harvest! Hopefully your next one is that much better, should have seen my first outdoor grow. I didn't know it was possible to yeild 4 grams off a 2 foot plant outdoors, years ago i didn't put time into research. I got serious into growing when i started my first indoor at the end of November last year. Just getting my first indoor harvest as well, one plant is drying atm.

Look into cheap cob LEDs, for 100 dollars you can get one that pulls 100 watts from the wall and make sure it has an amazing light spectrum with new LED technology (2018 is when it came out i believe), they're becoming more and more cheaper and now SOME cheap LEDs can compare to the really expensive ones in results. I go for quality over quantity and i got both using 100 watts from the wall my first grow

Taken last week, they got bigger since then lol you might see some of my other pics around

both plants march 1.jpg

I heard you couldnt grow 2 plants well with a 100 watt led, i'm happy with these.

17. Wow man that’s really impressive for a 100w!, the girls are doing a lot better under the hps compared to the led from the beginning, much faster vegatatige growth, it was like 6-7 weeks in before they even looked like this under the led, tallest one is 11 inches, they are 3 weeks 3 days old, fimmed two of them. Gonna tie down the other ones.. this grow should do a lot better anyone because I have much more equipment this time around. Plants at are getting 60,000 lux at top of the plants, I try to keep it below 70,000 because above that lightburn can happen. Keeping them at that barrier for fastest growth

Attached Files:

18. The one in that picture went to harvest. My best trained plant with 25 colas went hermie.. what a shame it was I might’ve gotten another oz from that plant if it hadn’t have gone hermie. One on the left is the one that hermied

Attached Files: