Esteban...that bastard

Discussion in 'General' started by jasonjasonjason, Jan 29, 2006.

1. So you all know that esteban guy that sells guitars and shit and makes a ton of money off of it. His main trait is that he is blind...but on that Geico commercial where they are playing in the garage and the kids are like "whooaaa esteban" and he says I have good news...and the kids are like "uhh your gonna teach him how to play guitar?" and esteban says "no..i just saved a ton of money on my car ensurance"

Why would esteban have car insurance...hes blind!

sorry im stoned, i just though i caught this guy off gaurd haha

2. That is a good point. LoL, I never knew Estaban was blind though...

3. That fact was unknown to me, and i am guessing most of the population...

good find though..

4. Yeah actually I think he said he is blind from some kind of car accident, how ironic!

5. Estaban ain't blind. ROFL

Proof?

Ever watched his commercial? HE LOOKS AT THE CAMERA AND THE GUITAR.

Have you ever seen a blind person play an instrument?

Estaban ain't blind, and if he suddenly became blind then i don't know, but he ain't been blind since birth.

6. Quote from his bio

His name was given him by legendary classical guitarist Andres Segovia, who called him "Esteban"
    [​IMG]
    during his years of study with the master in Spain (1974-1978) and in the United States. Born Stephen Paul in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, son of a steelmill worker, Esteban saw his first guitar in a shop window when he was 8 years old. His uncle bought it for him and Esteban says, "It never left my hands."

Blind I think not.

7. i know he was in near fatal car accident and wasnt supposed to be able to play guitar anymore...no idea if hes blind or not though

8. acoustical-emotion.com/esteban.php?id=esteban/bio

It doesn't say anything about him being blind. The car accident caused severe damage to his arm but nothing in his bio here says that he can't see.

9. He's not blind, Period, never was, wasn't even that bad of a car accident, broken arm, big whoopie. :)

10. Hey there have been blind guitar players. The blues guitarist "Blind" Lemon Jefferson for one. Playing guitar blind would be quite easy actually. You can feel the frets and strings on the neck of the guitar and struming isn't that hard.

11. Sorry for calling outs on this one, just don't like bullshit.

Get too much of that in the media.

12. sorry guys, i guess i fucked up

I never even watch his infomercials unless im stoned off my ass haha, I guess i just assumed the sun glasses indicated he was blind:eek:

13. Check out wikipedia.com

It says he is blind in his left eye from being hit with a baseball as a kid

And then from his car accident his right eye turned "light sensitive" whatever that means

I was half right!

14. Trust me, he is fine :)

15. A quick search turned up 'nearly blind in one eye'

I gotta figure if he was totally blind he wouldn't be playing guitar... kinda hard to play with one hand while ya 'read' raised notes on a sheet of paper lol

16. whats wrong with being blind and playing an instrument?

ray charles and stevie wonder seemed to do it just fine. im sure there are tons of blind musicians.

esteban is blind eh, never noticed.

he wears sunglasses all the time in his commercials.

17. yes, i've seen a blind person play an instrument.. what kind of an argument is that?

18. ROFL - Noone, I don't think anyways, would be ignorant enough to say something like that, unless you live under a rock you know who ray charles, stevie wonder, and various others.

Point is, ESTEBAN IS NOT BLIND, NEVER WAS, and again, noone said anything about blind people not being able to play an instrument.

19. "noone said anything about blind people not being able to play an instrument."

yes, but one person on the first page asked if anybody had seen a blind musician, playing an instrument.

hah, and i have no idea who the Esteban you guys are talking about, don't really want to either.

20. Trust me, you're better off that way, lol. :D I'm so damn burned out on that commercial. They play it all the time around here. But seriously the guys got some skills even though I don't really dig that musical style.