Establishing boundaries with gay friends

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Sunny Jim, Apr 25, 2016.

1. hey blades.

So I have a friend who I'm about seventy five percent sure is gay, and I'm pretty sure he's into me. I'm not homophobic in the least, but I'm straight and this friend hitting on me makes me pretty uncomfortable. I had a bi friend who came onto me in a aggressive manner and it basically ruined our friendship, and I would like to avoid that happening here. I like this kid and value his friendship and I need a way of telling him I'm not interested without making it look like I'm accusing him of anything or trying to out him. I realize there's probably no way this doesn't get terminally awkward going forward.

I'm not homophobic and I'd like to preserve our friendship, but I need a considerate way of telling him I'm not into it. Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Just let him know. I only hit on very feminine guys but you pretty much already know ha ha. Yea I would be one of the hard ones to tell I am bi. More into guys than women though.

Sade's outdoor Bigfoot territory grow

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  3. just talk about pussy...
    ...constantly

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ugh. Reminds me of the time when one of my roommates was a hot chick. We were good friends for a while.. even went shopping together.. she was even bi herself.. but .......... she had a child, so there was no way we could have had any adventures, whatsoever.

Honestly - in my experience, it's hard to make feelings go away. My best advice would be to just move on .. end the friendship. You're not homophobic for doing that - just doing the kid a favor, as well as yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Agreed. Friend zoning is kind of a dick move

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yep. There's probably no way we can remain friends. Females can overcome this sort of thing because most chicks are naturally more emotionally intimate with each other. With guys, the thought of a friend expressing homosexual feelings is an existential terror haha.

8. Find a way to just gross him out. Mention how often you eat pussy and maybe even mention some horrific stories about your newly contracted STD. Maybe hell think twice

• Like Like x 3
  9. "My mouth herpes hatched, bruh...I'm a daddy!" Haha

• Like Like x 2
  10. Let him suck your dick, maybe you'll like it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. A blowjob is just a blowjob with the lights off haha

But I have a gf, so that would be cheating even if I was bi curious.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Would it be cheating to her though? I'm cool with my gf throwing down with another chick, maybe your gf will be of a similar mindset.

13. Lol she would not be cool with it. She gets jelly when she sees me just look at other girls. Her reaction to hearing I got sucked off by a dude might be momentarily amusing, though...

And real talk, I would probably just go with women if I were bi. Being seen as gay is a much harder life, even these days.

• Like Like x 1
  14. No argument there

15. Shamefully I used to not be to tolerant of gay blokes until last year we got a new chef at our work place, my head chef told me the new chef was gay so I made a point of telling him straight but in a jokey way "there will be no touchy feely of me but my head chef is all for it" (head chef is married with 3 kids) he responded with "he's fat and you ain't my type so it won't be happening" after clearing that up we became good mates smoking doobies on break n that.
    My advise would be to say something in a firm manner but not to strong to hurt their feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  16. Im sure hell wanna smoke a blunt after that

• Like Like x 2
  17. If he isn't respecting your boundaries then you need to re-establish those boundaries. Pee on a bush or two. Scratch the bark off an old tree. Mark your territory, man! Be clear and concise. This is one of those dot the i cross the t type situations. Don't leave any loopholes or you may find a finger in it or something worse. I get reaaaally angry at gay predators that feel straight guys are fair game. On the plus side, us gay dudes are very discriminating about our attractions. You should feel flattered.. along with the trepidation of course.

If he still can't grasp the concept of keeping his hands and comments to himself then there's the road fella. Have a nice life.

What you're feeling is real and it's not putting you in a good place. No one has the right to make you feel that way. Let him know.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Amen.

Aside from being annoying as fuck, it makes the guy look either incredibly stupid (he doesn't understand sexual preference) or he does understand but he genuinely doesn't care. In the latter example, I'm ok with breaking an arm or jaw and leaving him in the street.

Coming on to someone repeatedly who is not interested in you, especially if aggressive in those attempts, constitutes a clear form of sexual harassment to me. To do it against someone's sexual preference makes it worse.

• Like Like x 2
  19. hahahah so sade your response to his concern over sexual tension with his quear compadre is to express your fondness for the cock! :lmafoe:

• Like Like x 1