Essential Plant Nutrients

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Vitamin 420, Apr 16, 2009.

1. my fiend has alaskan thunderfuck and grandaddy purps 1000 w hps mylar walls temps 65 at night 80 in the day the purps are great the alaskan is kind of yellow im using humbolt organic nuts anybody got any advise?

2. wat to do if the yellow spots on my plnats persists? u helped me out with the recomendation to add nutes and the lightinng but i noticed a lil discoloration on the tips of one of my leaves should i be nervous? i been feed maxi grow at a quater strength with the ph level at around 5.5 to 5.7 with ideal temperature. wat should i do? its my first grow any help is greatly appreciated

3. Great topic, good information!

So I bought plant fertilizer, NPK 7 - 3 - 5,

this would be good for vegetative state, but also for flowering, right?

Peace!
    Vince0

4. Extremely useful, thank you so much for bringin science into the art

5. I dunno man, it gets pretty intricate when you're dealing with soil composition, pH level of water, availability of nutrition, temperature, humidity, CO2 levels, etc etc etc. Absolutely every little factor will play a part in determing a plant's health overall, so if you still feel uncomfortable, go back and check everything out from the beginning.

Otherwise, I think a few sporadic yellow spots on the plant shouldn't make too much of a difference in terms of how it will grow. The yellowing at the tips is probably a nitrogen burn; do you notice your leaves turning darker in color as well? Keep 'em going with the nutes, but adjust levels based on how they look. I think they should be okay.

NPK 7-3-5 is good for veg, but not great for flowering. Get something that's got a 1-3-2 ratio for flowering; or, depending on what strain you have, you might have to adjust these levels very very slightly. You just want to make sure there's always going to be more phosphorus than nitrogen, because the needs of a plant are different during flowering than they are during vegetative growth.

6. [​IMG]

7. hey there, i am growing afghan kush ryder and they are at 3 weeks. i have been using big grow and was wondering when to start on a bloom schedule,im fairly new to this and all help would be much obliged,thanks

8. Hmm you should check the website where you bought the seeds, they usually have information about how long certain strains stay in veg/flower for. I just found one source that said flower time is 8-10 weeks, so maybe if you keep them vegged for at least 4-5 they'll be okay? I'm assuming that this isn't an auto-flowering strain either right?

9. What's up guys? Hey I'm in the middle of my 1st grow, I have 2 hindu kush that are 3 weeks into flowering and look sexy as hell! I also have 1 W.W. x Blueberry that's about 9 inches tall still vegging! I'm using Fox Farm "Tiger Bloom" and organic mollasses, 1 tablespoon per gallon spring water, and a heavy dose of the tiger bloom, every watering! My question is can anybody give me any suggestions on what I can do to increase tricome production? I would love some advice, I've been following this thread for a while now! I think I will add a lil more molasses 2nite when I feed, as I've been reading carbloading is very beneficial for more trichs! Thanks! Peace and Love!

10. A CO2 boost wouldn't be bad for your plants. There's a DIY-CO2 boost method that involves water and yeast, I'm pretty sure there's a thread somewhere on these forums about it. See if that helps :)

11. #111 zebot, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
    Hey! Great thread, thanks for all the good info...

I'm doing a 16 plant SOG flower under T5's, and I'm having some sort of deficiency that I'm having troubles identifying, thinking maybe someone here could help.

They are on day 23 of flower straight 12/12 from rooted clone. The PH was too low during the second week, but it has been corrected. I'm using 15 drops of B1 and 15 drops of Awesome Blossoms 2-11-11 per liter of water, in general. I know that some nutrients could be locked out, but i'm not the most experienced with this, and some of you might be... any ideas?

See the brown speckles and slight yellowing? It's only happening to the older leaves, and it is appearing on ones that are nowhere near ready to fall off on their own.

you can see the journal at http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/462512-16-plant-sog-under-6-bulb-t5.html

thanks to all!

*edit - fixed it... i think... i checked the PH of my runoff water and it was as low as 4... So i spent all day yesterday flushing with 7.5 water, and then finally adding the regular nutes. Things are looking good now. Maybe this will help someone, so i thought i'd mention what i did to fix.

Attached Files:

• 64.jpg
      64.jpg
      File size:
      384.1 KB
      Views:
  12. zebot, I don't know if it's your cam or not, but it looks like your plants could use a bit more nitrogen. The leaves should be a little bit darker, but you don't want them so dark-green that they appear droopy (or have burns at the tips)

As for the spots on the older leaves, I think it's okay as long as the rest of the plant looks healthy. Older leaves do not photosynthesize as efficiently as new leaves, so the plant will allocate nutrition to newer leaves before the older ones. It could just be that some particular leaves receive little/no nutrition.

13. i just got some all purpose 20-20-20 ferts. would this be suitable to use throughout the grow? im not looking to spend much on this project

14. Sure, go for it. But I just have a question... why are you growing if you don't want to do it right?

15. hey vita! good to see you are helpin the community out props. wondering if you could stop by my journal and let me know what you think of my seedlings. its my first grow. its exciting as hell:D but all the advice i can get is welcome! thanks man.

the dude

16. how is Miracle- gro organic choice as a fertilizer?

17. #117 alejnadro, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2009
    i started growing 2 days ago, only one plant has grown tiny leaves, the others have no.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    only one, out of seven seedling has not broken the soil. what i really would like to know is, when do i add fertilizer, SHOULD i use this fertilizer? what other fertilizers can i purchases at a walmart or home depot, lowes? i will use miracle fro potting soil, as i could not find any other soil, and i am too lazy to find any other brand of soil. and i am wondering if i should use this fertilizer.
    [​IMG]
    please help.

18. let me be the thunder cloud over your little garden al. if you use pre-fertilized soil for your seedlings, they will die. probably. little babies can't chew or digest 20 oz. t-bone steaks. un-fertilized potting soil comes naturally with all the goodies little seedlings need to get a good start in life. the ganja god planned it this way so that noob ganja farmers have a 3-4 week grace period to learn about nutrients and fertilizers (and successful germinating methods, we all started as noobs) while their little seedling crops grow happily without a helping hand. after 3-4 weeks the roots of your 8-12" plants will have explored most nooks and crannys in the soil and will begin to exhaust the un-fertilized soils' natural food supply. by then you'll be totally educated from all the great stickies you've read here about how to begin adding fertilizers and nutrients to your watering schedule.
    good luck bro. and next time germinate your seeds in moist paper towels left in a warm dark place. you should get a much better germ rate.

19. #119 alejnadro, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
    im not using fertilized soil, until it is 1 and half months. i used wet paper towel in a dvd case to germinate seeds. i guess i should read,

EDIT: also, i was wondering if i could put 2 MJ plants in 1 pot, im really short on time and pots. can i do this? EDIT: im now using plain old soil i sterilized ad perlite mix

20. did i kill the thread or something?