Essential Plant Nutrients

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Vitamin 420, Apr 16, 2009.

1. #81 stoned budda, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2009
  2. I typed that up not even knowing you had a nutrients thread. And it seems that a lot of people have found this thread useful :) Probably because it's stickied?

Anyways, thanks for that second link, I'll go ahead and add some pics from there into this guide. I've been looking for pics of deficiency symptoms for a while now.

3. This is really good info, that's soo much. I bought some florabloom for my sprouts, but I added the tablets that come with the AreoGarden. The machine comes with a 2 starter nutrient tablets (the one's I added) and I was wondering if I add the bloom with the starter? Any tips help.

4. Okay so Im new to growing indoor for the 1st time, I am using Neptune Harvest Organic Fertilizer alternating with a vermicompost tea, "worm casting tea". The plants look very healthy and are both starting there 1st real set of 5 pointed leaves! My question is should I also alternate with regular H20, if so how often? Thanks alot and I look foward to hearing back from you!!

5. No, don't mix the two together. You may find your plant will have a harder time getting some nutrients. You want a fair composition at all times, because plants generally absorb the nutes that are there for it. For example, if you have something that's 1-3-2, that means for every 1 nitrogen that's absorbed, 3 phosphorus and 2 potassium are absorbed. Once you start mixing food together, you blow the ratio out of the water, and soon you may see something like a 1-6-4, which means that so much phosphorus will be absorbed that there will hardly be any utilization of the nitrogen that it needs.

I'd alternate food and straight up water, every other feed. If your plants look like they could be using more nutes, go ahead and mix in a little bit with the straight water. I would do maybe half of the concentration you usually use.

See how the plants are doing after a couple of feedings, they generally don't need nutes every time they feed, and flushing them out with straight water allows for a more thorough absorption of the nutes.

6. This is great help thank you for the guide.

7. All that info and I still cant figure out what they need. Good info though thanks!

8. wHAT DOES IT mean when the tips of the fan leaves curl and turn yellow?

9. @ mdknandez check the link in #82 dude.

10. Hey man sorry 2 get off topic here, but does anybody have any experience w/molasses in indoor organic? Or molasses in any indoor? And I knew Jesus was the king of Jews, and I thank the Holy Father for Genisis 1 29-30, and for this wonderful beautiful plant He has given us!! Thanks and please somebody let me know bout this sweet organic goodness I've been reading bout!! Peace!

11. Thanks passthegrass! I'm kinda new to this so any advise is greatly appreciated.

12. there is a smll yellor patch in the middle of some of my leaves on a young seedling only about 2 weeks old i hsavent given it any nutrients yet only water its in a rockwool medium. what could be the problem? this is my first grow any advice would help...

13. How many sets of leaves do your plants have? I don't see the harm in feeding them early, but make sure you dilute the nutes wayyyy down. I would do maybe 1/5 of the power, so 20% of what's considered a safe dosage. See if that helps them out at all.

Can you take pics?

14. #94 shawnyboy420, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2009
    its a lil baby with only 3 sets of small leaves i havent fed them nything besides water imma try to take pics today and post them...

15. It looks like maybe a manganese deficiency? I think you should try to feed them with nutes @ 20% strength, see if that helps out at all

16. i havent even placed the plant underneath the growing lamp its still underneath florecsent lamps I plan on using a 600W air cooled lamp can i still start using nutes?

17. Yes, you can still start using nutes. If you plan on switching lights, do it as early as possible so they don't go into a light shock. It happened to a buddy of mine, he was growing some trainwreck and they went into shock as soon as he threw a 250W HPS over them :( So be careful!

18. i did wat u said and gonna see how it works i been having them under jus a humidity dome with a heating pad and florescent light so in the next couple of days i plan on moving them up into the hydro set up so we'll see how it goes thanks for the advice

19. Thanx for the tutorial Vit420.
    Lots of work and know how went into that.