Essential Plant Nutrients

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Vitamin 420, Apr 16, 2009.

1. #61 -lick-Nick, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2009
    Hi Vitamin!

Thnx 4 the quick reply. Finally someone who thinks along with me and does not immediately kill what I have to say.
    I have been searching the web for an answer but haven't found much yet, at least not a reliable source. I have found a way to bring CO2 in your tank by sugar, water and yeast as you say. Make a little construction.
    But I have also found this: No mercy CO2 tabs... You can google for this but i just copied and pasted for you guys. It seems healthy plants can absorb CO2 through the roots, louds more then through the leaves.

CO2-tabs (producer site)
    - For a quick and rich bloom of your Cannabis plants -

With this package of CO2 Tabs you will possess a revolutionary new and very powerful product aimed at cannabisplants on any growth medium. These simple - and cheap! - Tablets are specially developed to replace the complicated and expensive CO2 fertilizing systems used until today. Growth stagnation of plants is often caused by a shortage of carbondioxide; in badly aired spaces this shortage can be dramatic. With CO2 Tabs you can offer the carbon dioxide directly to the roots of your plants and significantly increase the speed of growth.

[​IMG]Only healthy plants will be able to effectively use this extra input. During extensive testing we perceived as the possible side affect a shortage of magnesium due to the high speed of growth. To effectively prevent this we have added 1.2% magnesium sulfate. The tabs release the CO2 in the water and thus stimulate the growth. Healthy cannabisplants can absorb many times more of this important nutrient CO2 as is available in the air.

Attention: Adding CO2 short before the dark period doesn't give any results! During the dark period the plant doesn't absorb any CO2. The tabs bond the CO2 about 4 to 6 hours to the offered water.
    Application: When your plants (or cuttings) are healthy you can use 1 tablet per 250 liters of water. In hydro systems you can also simply add the tablet to the barrel. Overdosing is neither harmful nor useful. If you want to add the CO2Tab instantly, first solve it in a cup of water (gently crush the tablet with your finger in the water) and mix it the with the water that is intended for the plants. Apply twice weekly for optimal results, and preferably during the whole growing cycle of your plants. The use of CO2-Tabs is environmentally friendly and poses no harm for plants, pets, birds, insects or microorganisms. Adding CO2 Tabs to the drinking water can temporarily lower the pH. It is advisable to regularly measure the pH (of water and soil). High or low extremes interfere with the plants ability takes up nutrients. Use Bacterial to recycle the extra waste (a result of the increased growth) into nutrients. CO2 Tabs and Bacterial are an ideal combination for your plants!

Fake or "wonderpill"? (Interview with producer)

The past Highlife reported a lot about growing, with help of CO2. In those articles mainly was spoken about the (expensive) equipment that is needed to regulate de CO2 input and quantity. Since last year there are tabs (big effervescent tablets) - of which the Dutch company 'No Mercy' has the agency - on the market. These tabs are solved in the nutrition-water and the plant absorbs the CO2 via the roots. But can a ground-plant also absorb CO2 via the roots? Many people have asked themselves. The ones that use the Internet: the message-board of cannabis.com was full of different opinions and theories. But nobody seems to have a clear answer now, so we took the time to speak to the company No Mercy. The first question is off course: Do plants absorb CO2 via the roots?
    No Mercy: "Sure. Measure in the dark hours your medium and you will find CO2 that is eliminated by the plant when the synthesis stopped. Then measure again if the light is turned on for about half an hour, so when there is synthesis again, and you will notice that the eliminated CO2 is lost. Nobody until now has found a real explanation for the fact that the roots absorb CO2. The developer of the basis-tab for ponds thinks that due to the unique composition and effects of the tabs, the plant absorbs the CO2 with the water. As yet we have big questions at a product that is proving itself. But the results are clearly visible and a growing-speed of 30% is no exceptional matter."
    You say that the tabs actually were used in ponds and aquariums. How did you found out it worked at cannabis?
    "The effects of the CO2 by adding it into the water is created by coincidence. We satisfactory used for several years the Bacterial of Velda to optimise the grow-medium. Then we bought in a rashly mood a pot of CO2-tabs and we were very surprised about the effect. Could this be a coincidence? But the result was repeated in the next crops. But because of the high growing speed we quickly discovered a lack of magnesium, what was easily solved by adding magnesiumsulphate. The next step was informing the producer the unique effects of their product for our world."

''Velda-Enschede, the producer of CO2-tabs for ponds, was aware for some years of the fact that CO2 can be given to the roots. But he did not do anything with this knowledge because they, in those days, only concentrated on water-plants."
    "You can test it if you happen to have a aquarium or a bowl met goldfish. Put a piece of the tab into the aquarium and you will be surprised how the roots will develop." "Together we deepened ourselves in the effects of this miracle-pill. With all unclear explanations about the effects, but with a clearly visible result, the pond-tab has been made ready for the cannabis market. A percentage magnesium-sulphate was added to realise a faster evaporation of the CO2 to the water than the pond-tab. 'In fact we talk about difficult matters and not all the answers are found. And the question is: will it be useful to look for an explanation? Maybe we have to take the magical effects of the CO2-tabs for what it is and be glad that we can profit of the results." Can you use the tabs with all the plants? Do they have side-effects?
    "I think it is obvious that CO2-tabs have an optimal effects if you offer it to healthy plants, that are grown with a right pH and EC. By adding CO2 to the water the pH-value decreases, what is stabilising after a while. Like offering CO2 into the air, the offering of CO2 in the nutrition-water is also a matter of doing this in the daytime, preferably if the lights are just turned on. The roots do also not absorb if there is no photosynthesis."
    This article appeared originally in Highlife-magazine of februari/march 2000.

Hope this was usefull for you and you see the light now. Cuz I came here to go to the next level in ganjagrowing, I want to help you guys out too!!! I am no biologist and you must take in account, this is a company and all they want to do is sell. I just fired this question away to make you think about what you are doing & find a scientific source/prove for my suggestion (Dutch litterature does not deal with CO2 addition for plants through water, I am at the end of sources). Louds of people don't want to believe me and tell me I suck... I think they are stuck in routine, just copying and no longer learning. I could be wrong but haven't found a definitive answer on this one either.

Grtz $lick

2. source ( the links will work on the webpage itself BTW)
    Carbon dioxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

also read this

http://www.hydroponicsearch.com/Exp...plement/Introduction_to_Carbon_Dioxide_(Co2)/

& this

Greenhouse Carbon Dioxide (Co2) Enrichment Products at Home Harvest Garden Supply

sorry to say man ..but it looks like you got dupped by an advertisment..as that is what that articale is.

peace and good luck

3. #63 Vitamin 420, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2009
    CO2 for roots | Cannabis Culture Magazine

It seems as if CO2 is indeed bad for the roots :confused:

Cannabis isn't an aquarium plant, it won't respond to CO2 in the same way that other plants do. I don't understand how you can be getting a bigger yield and better buds by dissolving CO2 into your water... the roots will literally choke and be burned. Plus, roots are never exposed to the light, and the only time plants use CO2 is in a photosynthetic reaction, involving light.

I would advise against this method, sorry dude, it's just not right for this type of a plant. But can you post some pics of your plants and yield? I'm interesting in seeing them :)

4. Dr.420, ok so based on the info in this thread whts the best soil u can recommend for me to use on my plants that would give the plants all the vitamins they need??

5. if you have fish emulsion, how much should you use?
    also should i only use that once a week during flowering?

6. The perfect soil depends on a lot of things, you'll have to see what your plants like over the generations you grow them. It's never a simple solution, but there's always easy ways to start... I've heard Fox Farms Ocean Forest works pretty well :)

Hmm, I knew a guy who tried fish emulsion, it was a 5-2-2 but it didn't work out too well for him because of the high ratio between N and P/K. Honestly, you can do with less nitrogen, try something that's like 1-3-2. That would be ideal, because as less potassium is absorbed, more nitrogen can be taken in without creating an imbalance between N and P.

If you wish to continue using fish emulsion, try ~1ml/sq ft at first, and see how your plants respond. Take a look at how they look the day after the water/feeding, and check back whenever you next feed them. They may end up doing better with more frequent feedings, or you might find they're perfect where they're at. It all depends on how you've been feeding and growing them thus far, it'd be best to keep them in their regular feeding schedules though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ^^^thanks alot ima try it out
    im about to start growin genie of the lamp and maybe superglue seeds
    ill try it and post pics on how the soil works

8. would it work fine using miracle grow during veg?
    and big bloom during flowering?
    and how often should i use these?
    and how much?

9. Sure, give it a shot. Look on the bottle for instructions on how frequently and how much to use, there should be specifications for the food:water ratio too

10. will do
    thanks man
    i am cloning from a flowering clipping, so i have to kick it back into veg stage hah
    its a bit tricky, me bieng a first time grower, but its going quite well so far

11. ^^thats good man take pics and show ur sucess so far

12. i should have some up monday :smoke:

13. i have a question about UFO lights or growing
    wht gives the plants a better growth than HPS or flourescent bulbs

14. Thanks for all of the good information. It seems that every time a new question arises in my mind, you've already answered the question in these forums.

I've just started my first grow, and have 2 sprouted (for just a couple days, tops) plants that we are growing with CFLs.

Can you give an indication of when a is good time to start feeding my little babies nutrients, and how much. I am afraid to give to much, or to give too soon.

Thanks again for all of the help you've provided thus far.

15. i have a question... my cellmate back in the day was a big grower... he was telling me that he was using turtle water to water his plants along with fresh water because of the feces and urine in the water it acted as a fertilizer for the plants has anyone ever heard of this? or was he just talking out of his ass? :rolleyes:

16. Im about to move to coloarado, for a winter season, does anybody know how difficult it is to obtain a medical marijuana license to grow and smoke?

17. Great stuff to know. tyvm

18. not sure what this has to do with plant nutrients, but you could start here - Colorado | The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation, THCF Medical Clinics, THC Foundation, Medical Marijuana Doctors, Medical Marijuana Referrals, Colorado Medical Marijuana Clinics, Colorado Medical Marijuana Permit, Denver Medical Marijuana, Denver, Durang

19. dood thanks for the thread man this is very useful, i have been needing some good nutrient advice and i think i just got all my questions answered..props breh!

20. I like the way you wrote this. Makes it for some more understandable! Credit on the report, Keep it lively growing