Essential Plant Nutrients

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Vitamin 420, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Nitrozyme foliage sprayed is a simple fix for Nitrogen deficiencies. Next day results sometimes.

2. Hello, what do you think about 1-2-6 npk ratio during flower period(6-12-36 +3%magnesium +8% sulfure)?
    Will be a problem if the pk ratio is 2-6?

3. Thanks for the post! great info, im head grower at a greenhouse (sadly not cannabis yet) and your information is great and on point!

4. Noob question here....
    If grown in Compost Soil (indoor, in a space bucket), do I still need to add nutrients? The same amount?

buenosdias via GrassCity Forum App

5. depends what nutrients are in your soil

• Like Like x 1
  6. from what i understand Ca and Magnesium need each other to actually work, I'm jus restating what i was told..

7. #651 justenoughswag, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    calcium magnesium nitrogen and phosphorus

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don't use store bought nutrients, I grow completely in soil using only natural ingredients. Just to name a few, worm casting, Bat guano and a special tea. I could post a list if you want. My last two grows i didn't have one deficiency all I did was water my girls and watch them grow. Just to let you know I'm an old school farmer.

B Safe

9. pls I want a no nute easy Coco based medium. Ff is good but wanna try different

10. If you're looking for pre mixed, kind soil on amazon is pretty good. You mix it with coco or pearlite and it's ready to go. You never have to add nutes. It's great for beginners because you can see whats in it and what works then make your own after if you want with some knowledge in the field.

11. You're talking about the Law of the Minimum in plant biology each element is used in sequence with the next, missing one slows uptake considerably causing lockout. So you need a MINIMUM amount of each element to maximize uptake. Aside from Ph drifts in medium, law of the min issues are the number 1 cause of lockout. One simple mistake most people make is mixing their nutrients in the wrong order, water is technically a solvent so the compounds chelate and bind to others in increasing more difficult ways for a plant to breakdown, which causes the plant to use more energy, slow growth and get closer to lockout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Are you talking about specifically about mixing order as it pertains to silica supplements?

13. Need to be updated

14. Hi hi!!! Great info. Thank you!

I'm working through my first grow
    I'm about 8 weeks in using Happy Frog soil in a 5 gallon bucket, my brother in law has been trying to help me but he stays a little too elevated to give me solid answers... so I've been researching on my own.

I need to put my baby into flowering sooooon because she's really big for where I have her. I have only been giving her tap water and I feel like she's really thrived until now.
    -When do I start giving her nutrients? I've been paying attention to her leaves and noticed a few spots coming on the lowest leaves.
    -I watched a video on mixing nutrients into gallons, but how much of the gallon do you give? Do you give a little from each gallon? Or do you mix a little from each gallon and then give it to them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 20180627_102455.jpg 20180627_102508.jpg 20180626_192354.jpg

15. When is a seedling old/big enough to start hitting it with nutrients???

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Most people use a cloning solution right after they take cuttings, so you can "hit it" with nutrients pretty much ASAP.

Once they're rooted, you can transplant to your medium of choice and start fertilizing right away at a low dose if that medium is inert. If you're using a charged soil, just add water. If you're in coco or peat, you might want to consider adding some nutrients to it with the first watering.

Granular & liquid fertilizers will behave differently, so pick one and follow the recommended rates. Shit, if anything, cut that recommended rate in half. Most fertilizer companies have you over-apply anyways.

• Like Like x 1