Essential Plant Nutrients

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Vitamin 420, Apr 16, 2009.

1. "Wild-caught Alaskan Fish Bone Meal, Wild-caught Alaskan Fish Meal, Valley Grown Alfalfa Meal, High Country Feather Meal, Naturally-mined Potassium Sulfate, Aged Bat Guano, Cold Water Kelp Meal, Mined and Micronutrient-dense Colloidal Soft Rock Phosphate, Nutrient-rich Cotton Seed Meal, MicroActiveâ„¢ Micronutrient-rich Seaweed Extract (synergistically boosted with 11% micronized humic acids for maximum bioavailability.)"

I'm sure it will work fine - in a soil garden that utilizes either compost and/or worm castings in the mix. Keep in mind that ANY organic fertilizers require soil microbes (ie:bacteria & fungus) to break down the organic matter into usable plant food. This is a product which should be mixed directly into a soil mixture, although it *could* be used as a top dressing too.

Yes, it will work fine - in a soil garden.

J

2. Thanks for inputSent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Please help! My little seedlings are turning yellow and getting brown spots :(. The temp in my cab is 75 in the day and lowest 62 at night. I have been using plain water. All comments are greatly appreciated! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390959233.346245.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390959244.688815.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390959256.227837.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I may be behind the ball. But, as a biology major, OP, your post cleared everything up for me. Thank you!

5. [quote name="ALBERT LSD" post="19425636" timestamp="1390959555"]Please help! My little seedlings are turning yellow and getting brown spots :(. The temp in my cab is 75 in the day and lowest 62 at night. I have been using plain water. All comments are greatly appreciated! View attachment 1360946 [​IMG] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390959244.688815.jpg[​IMG] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390959256.227837.jpgSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]What are you growing in?Could be bad seeds also.Are there any nutrients in the soil?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. [quote name="johnnyjane" post="19432133" timestamp="1391047462"]What are you growing in?Could be bad seeds also.Are there any nutrients in the soil?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]I was told this soil is good. I have mixed it with half coco.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. [quote name="johnnyjane" post="19432133" timestamp="1391047462"]What are you growing in?Could be bad seeds also.Are there any nutrients in the soil?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391057556.627409.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Yeah it should be good there's a little bit of nutrients in it.I thought they might be a lil nitrogen deprived from the yellow leaves.I would flush them out and give them a light feeding of something like fox farm grow big.Just my opinion.Theres nothing in coca coir so I would def try that.What do you have to lose,if you leave them they'll prob die.It also could be a micro nutrient def like magnesium.Mag def shows purple in the steams but not sure if it's the same for sprouts.Good luck.Oh are you ph'ing your water ?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Im using 5-11-26 for the veg stage and bud candy for the flowering phase is there anything out there better?

10. Is their air circulating around the sprouts?cant have stale air!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. [quote name="MissBaracuta" post="19433766" timestamp="1391065331"]Im using 5-11-26 for the veg stage and bud candy for the flowering phase is there anything out there better?[/quote]I use all advanced nutrients.Sensi-grow a&b and great white for veg.Sensi-Bloom A&B,Bigbud,bud candy,bud factor x,Hammerhead PK 4/10,B-52,humic acid and organic unsulphered molasses.I know in missing a few and some can be replaced with cheaper nutes.I love the results from AN and I make my money back for nutes and soil every run by selling to a few patients.You should def be using a base bloom nute along with the bud candySent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. here is pic of my plants from awhile back need to take new ones but they are health as can be using the nutes I told you about.  5-11-26
    View attachment 133260
    View attachment 133259
    View attachment 133258
    View attachment 133257
    View attachment 133256
    View attachment 133255
    View attachment 133254
    View attachment 133253
    View attachment 133252

which base bloom nute do you recommend to use with my bud candy?

13. Just my opinion but I'd use sensi-bloom a&b,it's a 2 part nute.i paid $15 at my local hydro shop but he price matches amazon for me.They look great.Also the last 4-5 weeks of flower use organic unsulphered molasses.It really dense's up the buds a lot.This is a pict of one of my NLxJH plants I pulled last night,I'm at 8 weeks so this will be the tester lol.Gonna pull all this weekend. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391099178.343326.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Nice!  Sweet pic will try it.  Thanks for the advice!!!!

15. Are you in soil?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Looks like hydro but they look beautifulSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. lol am growing a little different then most.  It is in a AeroGarden Extra.  I can extend it up to 3 feet I won it playing online poker awhile back and thought hey why not.  lol I also won another one this past week.  Did research on how to grow smoke in it and found some good info from the people that have been having good luck growing in them.  They have taught me a few little secrets that has helped.  Have heard from a lot of people who have had no good luck at all growing with them and have heard from a lot who have had good luck so as said why not give it a try I have nothing to lose.  I also have a extra 1 gallon reservoir attached to it that keeps it full of water so it doesn't run out.  Real easy to operate and not much work at all!!!!

18. [quote name="johnnyjane" post="19433760" timestamp="1391065204"]Yeah it should be good there's a little bit of nutrients in it.I thought they might be a lil nitrogen deprived from the yellow leaves.I would flush them out and give them a light feeding of something like fox farm grow big.Just my opinion.Theres nothing in coca coir so I would def try that.What do you have to lose,if you leave them they'll prob die.It also could be a micro nutrient def like magnesium.Mag def shows purple in the steams but not sure if it's the same for sprouts.Good luck.Oh are you ph'ing your water ?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]I have constant air flow ought next to the seedlings so I doubt that's it. I was about to buy a ph tester buy my local hydro store just closed:/ I will get one pretty soon. I will try te flush you suggested and get back to you! Thanks a bunch!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. My wife wants to try an aeroponics table,I like them but can't afford to experiment untill next crop.Ive only done Dwc once and it came out good the only thing I don't care for is that you have to use nutes from day 1 so I hear because their is nothing the water.I think I'm gonna do a little research on them and maybe pick up a small one and run it along with my plants in soilSent from my Mansion on Mars.

20. You can even get ph test strips real cheap at Home Depot or any nursery.I just bought another meter from amazon.Its a Blue lab and it does ph,temp,Ec and ppm.Its pretty bad ass.My first meter I bought was from amazon for $20 and it still works after 2 yrs lol. I bought a Hanna pen meter over the summer but had to return it because my readings were all over even after calibration.When I took it back to my local hydro store the owner told me they were having problems with some of them and gave me a new one.Its still works great but it's time I bought a good meter and amazon is the cheapest for them.Good luck and I hope all works out well for you.Sent from my Mansion on Mars.