Essential oils

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by notmeomg, Jan 18, 2015.

1. #1 notmeomg, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
    Can I take my 1oz bottle of essential oils (Lavender, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Red Thyme) mix them all together in a blend and use this blend at 1/2 oz per gal to use as a foliar? I would also be adding Neem oil, aloe vera and silica into my foliar. I realize there might be better oils to be using, this however is what I had available on hand. =]

maybe I should add I would be using this as a pesticide / preventive.

Thanks

2. Sounds insane.

3. #3 pointswest, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
    This works very well as a pesticide and as a preventative spray and are valuable tools in the pesticide arsenal.  You are using way too much oil for a gallon of water, you will burn the leaves off at this rate.  The rate for these oils should be 1 ml of each oil/gal.  Use one or two drops of each oil/gal and emulsify with pro-tec before mixing.  Spray at lights out to avoid burning the plants and the oils also degrade faster in light.

PW

4. ^^^^^ This! ^^^^^

5. Excellent, definitely what I was hoping to hear! Thank you for explaining the ratios and usage that's what I wasn't clear on. Any chance either of you (or anyone) could recommend a good book on essential oils and gardening?