Essay about the death penalty I wrote 6 years ago in high school...

Discussion in 'General' started by spikeystud88, Apr 20, 2010.

1. #1 spikeystud88, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2010
    Check out what I just dugg up from your google docs:

(oh yeah, happy 4:20 too in Texas now :D +rep to everyone in my thread for good vibes and happy days)

Hope you enjoy. Also happy 420, make the best of every day! I'm super blazed right now lol...

2. 30 views and no responses :(? Come on blades!

3. I agree with you.

Why do we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?

4. Good Essay man...

Agree with you...
    Better to have them linger in jails for the rest of their lives than set them free with an injection...

5. Couldn't agree more. Although I dont believe in God, I dont think anyone should be given the power to (legally) murder others. On top of that, like I said in the essay, the majority of death penalty folks WANT to be killed. They want to be set free from this earth, and by killing them we're doing exactly what they want. If you ask me, they should get the exact OPPOSITE of what they want.

Glad to see some of ya'll agree with me!

6. man your essay is well written. I like your writing style.

but, I dont agree with your view. but well written.

7. Don't hate me, but I believe in the death penalty. Except I believe it should be more painful and less expensive.

The iffy part is deciding who gets it and what is considered extreme enough.

When I was little I heard the OKC bomb (I was an hour away from it) and I didn't understand what happened. It took 6 damn years for his sentence to be carried out. 6 years of people paying taxes to feed this bastard and take care of him. You do something as evil as that you deserve excruciating punishment.

8. Thanks bro! I always had a knack for writing. This was actually my junior year of high school in my dual credit class (credit counts for high school and college).

But do you know what makes it expensive? The drugs themselves are cheap - less than $100. What is so expensive is all of the lawyers, and court dates, and appeals, and all the legal mumbo jumbo...that's why it's so expensive. So let's just get rid of that, right? Well as I said in my essay, it's a fact that multiple innocent people have been given the death penalty...so obviously we need even MORE court dates/appeals to be sure we're not killing the wrong fucking people.

Or, just abolish it all together since no one has the right to kill.

9. Then there would be no ultimate penalty for murdering someone or multiple people?

I understand what you are saying though, not trying to argue, just voice an opinion.

10. The 'ultimate penalty' would be life in prison, 23hr per day lockdown, no TV or any of that bullshit. Not only am I against the death penalty, but I'm also against people in federal prisons having TVs and shit and being able to 'enjoy themselves'. Prison is not a fucking playground, it's not about babysitting a bunch of murderers. It's about punishment and realization of your wrong actions.

I think murderers/people who would get the death penalty today should be given life in prison with no chance of parole WHATSOEVER. They should be stuck in their cell at least 20hrs per day, and the few hours they spend out of their cell they should spend cleaning the prison, doing work in the prison, or something along those lines. No working out, no playing basketball, nothing. The only exception I would make would be learning - they are allowed to be educated and stuff like that, but prison shouldn't be a resort for anyone...I think we can all agree on that.

11. what ever happened to shooting people in the head?

i understand that its not humane or whatever they want to say about it, cuz then the guys body its all mutilated more than likely from the bullet. but that is part of their punishment. they dont deserve to live for the acts they committed and they certainly dont deserve their dignity to remain intact even in death.

bullets are cheaper than chemicals. and dont give me that shit about how they dont want someone responsible for being the one who pulls the trigger. there are plenty of executioners that are fine with that fact. plenty of guys that have thrown the switch on the electric chair, plenty who have hit the switch to drop the cyanide in the gas chambers, plenty that have pushed the button to release the chemicals in the the injection beds.

you are telling me that you dont want someone to pull a trigger?
    and at the same time you are saying that in our advanced technological society we cant make a machine that runs on a timer to pull a trigger automatically at a given time? all they got to do is load the 12 gauge and aim it at the fuckers head, and keep his head strapped tight so he cant move it. then set the timer for 5 seconds past midnight, just to give the governor a little leeway. and then step back and wait for the fireworks.

a shot gun shell costs on average is about 1.50. then you design the machine. that'll cost you a few thousand bucks to pay the machinist and the designer.

after that each execution should only cost a few hundred bucks for the cleanup and disposal of the body. the convict at the time of his sentencing has no right to any part of his body from that point on, so he has no reason to say i want my body to be cremated or buried or given to whomever.

life sentences are fabulous yes, and they should be used just how they are now, to make someone wait for their demise. but if you only do life sentences then youll have ot build more prisons cuz with people always going in and no one going out then eventually youll hit capacity. and then what?

hanging people never cost anything either. mostly it was quick and easy. and you can even use the same rope over and over.

12. I'm not against the death penalty but I'd also be ok with a ball & chain, 16lb. sledgehammer, and a big pile of rocks for life. Dying really is too good for some people.

13. because then the person doing the killing has the fear themselves, "If I kill this person, I very well and probably will end up dead too."

People need to fear doing wrong, with no consequences for actions there wouldn't be any order.
    For every action there is an equal reaction.

I think, they should judge the people before sentencing. If the person doesn't fear death, they should sentence them to life of hard labor, VERY hard, and very stupid labor. Labor that doesn't even make sense.

14. Bring back the firing squads. Shit is less expensive, quicker, and easier anyways.

15. lol its because people view it, see how long it is, and leave

16. mann i didnt read it cause i just read this other long ass shit about stoners being pretentious but i believe in the death penalty only one different thing id do id put a fire extinguisher in a big case that you couldnt break but you could see through and then id douse the convict in lighter fluid and watch him dance and flail trying to beat open the glass to get his only chance of ending the pain before he dies id even roll a fat blunt of some kush or somtin itd be better than tv mann no subliminal messages in that just good ol fashioned fun

17. Lol, what the fuck are you talking about? I'm so confused :confused:.