Escape to Grass-City

Discussion in 'General' started by MJ001, Jan 9, 2013.

1. You didn't earn it, or work for it, so yeah. You live there, you are the "man" of the house, but it's not yours.

2. On the land deed says it's mine. And my wife's. It's under both names.

And besides, he didn't even pay 100% for it, he only paid like 30%. The rest, I got loan from the bank and I pay them monthly.

3. You see, I think it doesn't matter who PAID for the house... the house is just the material stuff that we live in.

But the family... which consists of me, my wife, and my two kids, that I have built, is entirely mine... I think.

And I think I am the most appropriate person to be the leader... not a dead grandfather...

4. Why do you give a fuck dude?

It's a 5 year olds opinion. If you really are the man of the house you wouldn't let something that fuckin stupid phase you.

5. You threatened to disown your son... You're not a leader... and you're still refusing to get help for whatever you have going on.

6. That is so true man. I am not man enough to man a house... perhaps.

I think it's matter of not being able to handle sudden burst of emotion, plus inability to communicate sufficiently with other people, that is causing the problem.

I better think of ways to fix that problem.

Talking about it on the internet was one attempt to fix that problem.

Now I got to sign off and fix it for real in the real life.

7. Yeah... I hope your father is a better man than I am.

Thanks for helping me out.

I really appreciate it man.

8. This thread kept me entertained as shit tonight.

9. I did have good parents. Patient. Never heard fighting or cursing. They're not perfect, both live with crippling disabilities, and my dad has fought drug adiction after 7 or so back surgeries before I was born. Even went back to college after 20 years of being out of High School when I was a kid to support us.

Gotta man up with your problems. He sure as shit did. and he was facing more than his ego being bruised by his 5yr old son, who wasn't too far off point to begin with.

10. You're very lucky man...

My parents fought like cats and dogs... break glass every month...

Perfume bottles and cosmetic bottles, flying in all direction...

It was terrible.

I used to hide under the blanket when they tried to kill each other... I might get hit by a stray bullet.

11. Call your kid every name in the book. Just go ahead and be the cruel person you are. When he gets to the schoolyard he will have no problems

"lol shitface? my dad shits on my face"

12. Lol... "grasscity, where nothing is real" cracked me up. I know im not chasing any pink dragons

13. *the fuck am I reading* meme

14. In case anyone is interested, I'll tell you what happened with my kid.

--

I picked him up from the kindergarden, while driving home, I asked him,

"Do you remember what happened this morning?"

"You mean about the fight?"

"Yeah... about the fight... I feel really bad about it. How did you feel?"

"I felt bad too. But not as bad as when you fight with mom."

When he said that, my heart just sank.

I thought to myself,

'Shiet... all those crazy fights with my wife... they're really hurting the kids!'

I said to him,

"I feel terrible when anyone fights in the house. So I want to apologize about my behavior this morning. I shouldn't have been so hard on you."

And he shyly smiled and said,

"It's OK, dad."

And we hugged... and kissed.

Then I said to him,

"Listen, regardless to what you do, I will never get as angry as I did this morning. I was completely over the line. I promise that whatever you do, or whatever you say, I will never stop being your father and you will always be my son. I love you very much, kid."

he replied with a satisfied smile,

"I love you too dad."

--

The moral of the whole event, I think, is,

"I need to grow up. "

15. Ya did the right thing

Just please keep your promise about not ever getting that mad again and really try not to fight with your wife .... It really scars a child and puts then in a bad reality.

16. I will. Thanks.

I would think that I have gotten better at controlling my emotions, after so many years of living.

But... at a crucial moment, I am not 100% sure.

I guess I still have much to learn.

17. Awesome man..keep that promise though.

All trust will be lost after a second incident if you break that promise. Things won't go as planned the next time, I can tell you that much.

18. #79 MJ001, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
    Escape to Grass-City takes about 5 minutes.

From turning on the computer, till I'm safely IN the city, takes less than 5 minutes.

During which shit load of things will be happening.

My secretary brings me coffee : With ten different documents for me to sign.

Then my boss comes with a new problem : On top of 20 different problems he has already dumped on me.

Then my friend calls,

RRRing~~~

"Hello?"

"Yeah it's me man! I'm arriving tomorrow at 5. Meet me at the airport!"

"Um... OK man... but..."

I was about to say I have things to do tomorrow but before I can say that, he has already hung up the phone.

And I say to myself with a sigh,

'God damn it...'

19. my god...you may be on to something...