Eric Holder 1995: We Must 'Brainwash' People Against Guns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xmaspoo, Mar 18, 2012.

1. @ 3:05
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYyqBxD-3xw"]Holder Says People Need to be Brainwashed - YouTube[/ame]

The Vetting - Holder 1995: We Must 'Brainwash' People on Guns

"Brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way". This is coming from the (current) main legal adviser to the government, he sure does care about our individual rights.

The 2nd Amendment isn't cool anymore guys, I'm going to leave it to the police to keep me safe. :rolleyes:

2. US citizens are already brainwashed...

The proof of the pudding is the fact that you guys keep arguing over petty issues such as Dem v Rep, abortion, etc etc while your government wages war and death all over the world...
    Issues such as this keep you distracted and "busy"...
    Akin to hamsters running on their wheel every day...

It would be funny if so many people were not being slaughtered...:(

3. smokinp I hope you are not referring to gun ownership as an issue that keeps us US citizens distracted and busy.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

4. I would like to point out that a fundamental assumption of this argument is that individuals are not capable of exercising free will and are not responsible actors in decision making.

How and if you apply this thinking to yourself, I don't know - but the implications are pretty interesting

5. I certainly am...

The guns you guys have are for show...
    Impotent...

They will never be used in anger. US citizens are fat and bloated from the spoils of your governments actions around the world.
    You might huff and puff but you will never have the courage or balls to blow the house down..:(

6. The spoils of global domination have made Uncle Sam and his minions fat and bloated...
    It seems to me that guilt is vented by condemning and bitching but nobody really wants to rock the boat...

7. Don't say that to Peanutbutter, blade:eek:

8. Were affraid of FEMA.

9. Better that you have a gun and don't have to use it, then need one and not have it.

Gun ownership has been attacked by authoritarian governments throughout history, it's an impediment to full spectrum dominance. As the state becomes more overbearing, more individuals will see it for the farce that it is, and look to themselves for protection.

Without firearms, there is nothing to stop a 'cleansing' of 'insurgents' in the US. As the US continues it's managed decline, those that do own firearms, will thank themselves later.

10. I agree, the degree to which abortion is debated while completely ignoring any serious debate about endless imperial and domestic wars (drugs) is kind of hilarious. Just wish I didn't have to live with the insanity.

11. The war on drugs is a war on women
    Women and Gender in the Drug War | Drug Policy Alliance
    The War on Drugs = A War on Women and Families

Funny it gets no mention here
    MoveOn.org Political Action: Top 10 Shocking Attacks from the GOP's War on Women

12. Isn't that what they always do? He just calls it by its name. Have any of you actually watched the whole video? He makes a lot of good points. I feel like this one line is really being blown way out of proportion and context.

Guns should be for protection ONLY. Unfortunately, many think it's cool to shoot guns, some at other people. People do need to change the way they think about guns. It's hard to do when you're constantly being bombarded by glorified killing in the news, the movies, music, videogames and tv shows.

I understand the American desire to own guns. I think I would own one if I was American, because I know that others are likely to have one. Still I'm very glad that guns are pretty much taboo in my country. I know the way criminals here think, and it is much more risky to use a gun so they overwhemingly don't. Gunshot victims are very rare, innocent gunshot victims are extremely rare. Most guns that are here are used for assasinations in organized crime. It is not much of a problem for society as a whole.

As for defending myself from tyrants, I will see if and when the day comes. I have quite a lot of faith in my government, our political system and our society. We have a very low crime rate and I don't want to risk adding guns to the equation. It's been working for decades and it's still working, at least for now.

13. The word 'war' gets thrown around far too often nowadays. A strong disagreement in opinions is not fucking war. Now if they were slashing the uteruses (uterii?) out of women who wanted free birth control, then it'd be a war on women.

14. Very true. But it can still be aggression.

15. guns: either everyone has them or no one has them.

16. Wrong, the criminals will still have them, even when law-abiding citizens don't.

That is the situation to be avoided at all costs.

17. Why should they be for protection only? Where's my right to use a gun to blow shit up (legally, on a range or private property) for entertainment?

18. Yeah in Holland their illegal and you can buy them but their expensive. So the criminals can afford them if they really want them, but your average joe isn't going to have or doesn't want to deal with the connections you need.

I think the right to defend yourself/your family is sacred.

19. #20 Hessian, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
    apparently you didn't understand so here it is in black and white

Firearm Ownership is Mandatory for All Households in Kennesaw, Georgia - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

i'm not for or against guns i take no sides. but the FACT is if we are to live with them everyone should have them and if not no one should have them. meaning guns and specially ammo would stop being manufactured.