Equipment needed?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GMT, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Hi, Im looking to get into growing soon but am not 100% sure what equipment I will need to get me up and running.

Im looking to set everything up in my 3ftx3ft cupboard (already painted matt white). I wanna stick to soil to start with and havent got a big budget.

This is what I think I will need so far:
    400w HPS light with reflector and ballast
    Timers switches
    Carbon filter and fan inc duct. (125mm) for extraction
    125mm intake fan
    household fan for air circulation inside.
    Metal grill and draft excluder sealent for door
    Soil and large pots.
    Seeds
    Propagator
    Plant food

Please can you point out anything that I might have missed. All info is appreciated.

2. I might be mistaken but are 125mm fans big enough for extraction and fresh air? especially with a 400W HPS

3. Think it will be ok... Just thinking, how will the fans be powered?

4. Looks like you have spent some time sorting it out - good luck to you.

5. Have you considered just buying a small grow kit? A 3ft x 3ft cupboard is pretty small - maybe you could use a small grow tent and kit to get started?

6. Sounds like you've been doing what most people dont do before posting, RESEARCH
    Hats off to ya!! One bit of advice, if you're going to be growing in such a small space look into scrog method, it will maximize yield per plant in a very tight spot. GOOD LUCK

7. Lol OP is 10 years old

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. haha - I just realized how old this post was. Thought I was helping out :bang:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Oh well so much for being stoned and not realizing dates of post, gotta love this gorilla glue IM JUST GONNA PUT MY PHONE DOWN NOW:hookah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1