Equipment I will need.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KNG1UP, Oct 21, 2012.

1. So I am planning on growing 3 plants in my closet, but I need to know what all equipment I need! I don't have much money to spend, so I just want to start with the basics and maybe upgrage later when I get the hang of it.. Also I'm going to use organic soil. No hydroponic.

2. Check out the following:
    BOOK: The Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green
    Videos: Jorge Cervantes Grow DVD's (You can find them on youtube)

The following is great for a first grow for anyone

SOIL:
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest

NUTRIENTS:
    Advanced Nutrients Line (can be expensive)
    Fox Farm Line(budget friendly)

NOTE: If you are growing outdoors the following information you do not need to read.
    INDOOR GROWERS

Exhaust Fan:
    Each fan has a rating that tells you how many cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) it will move. When dealing with above average temperatures you will want your fan to exchange the grow room air 3-5 times in one minute, so for a room that is 40 cubic feet, a fan that is capable of moving 120-200 cfm (cubic feet per minute) is recommended. If you only want to replace depleted levels of co2 and are growing in a closet using fluorescents, one room change per five minutes (divide room size by 5) will be adequate.

So depending on the size of the room you will need a fan to actually REMOVE the air....not just let it naturally vent

Lighting
    HID - Metal Halid (Veg stage)/ High Pressure Sodium(flowering stage)
    and/or
    CFL - Compact Flourescent (Cheaper but nowhere near as efficient)

Grow Room/Tent
    You can search "Amazon.com" for grow tents.
    Depending on your needs you can get a small tent 2x2', but if you ever plan on growing more plants i would suggest going with a 4'x4' tent just so you have the space. Also a 600w MH/HPS kit would be more than efficient in there

If you plan on growing in a closet always line the walls with mylar and ventilation is necessary

YOUR BEST BET IS TO LOOK AT SOME OF THE GROW JOURNALS ON THESE FORUMS AND PICK UP TIPS AS YOU GO ALONG
    >>>>>>> Outdoor Grow Journals
    >>>>>>> Indoor Grow Journals