Epsom salts

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by sgtstadanko, May 4, 2012.

1. I have been seeing online that u Can use them for Mg def. is this a urban legend or does it really work. Every thing I saw was on rollitup so I figured GC would be the place to put it

2. Def works, can either foliar or apply in a soil drench.

3. Be careful when adding Mg. Often Mg deficiencies are lock outs and adding extra can lead to further problems. Whenever I suspect a slight problem my first line of defense is an EWC slurry poured into the soil.

Earthworm castings/vermicompost have plenty of Mg as well as other important minerals. Along with the microbes in the slurry, the plant will usually regain it's health.

Chunk

4. Ain't it the truth brother Chunk? So many of the elements do NOT place nicely with one another and Mg is/can be one of the many in this group.

Ya know, it just makes me realize (again) how much sometimes we (me) can overdo "things". If we just give 'em everything they need and want and then walk away... majik happens in a few months and we're all happy and giddy like :smoke:

Less is always best IMO with everything we do. eh? aye!

5. Cool thanks blades. I have some Maxsea plant food an I have been reading that it is a little MG def and people use Epsom salts to fix that. But on the label it's says that is has Mg in it. As any one used it before.

6. I used to use it - One Tbsp per 3g container. Did it make me or the plant "feel better"? I really don't know about the plant but I sure did for some reason.

Dude, at some point we all have to take a step off the precipiece and have faith that what we've read/studied/dreamt/lusted after is waiting for us. Otherwise, "you won't know till you grow bro". :)

Epsom salts have been used for millenia in agriculture (no disrespect Chunk because you are correct... BUT). Always err on the side of caution Sahge, do the math, keep things "balanced" as best as you can cypher and cogitate on, have faith in your decisions, jump. :bongin::bongin::bongin::smoking::yay:

7. "Have faith in your decisions, jump"

That's quite beautiful, Possum.

8. Yes, it works.

Used to get it in 100lb bags for the palm trees at MIA, to prevent/treat 'frizzle top'.

No myth, but it does tend to get over applied. A little, once or twice a season seems to be enough.

Wet