Epidemic of pets eating edibles in Co

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Thunderfucked, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Apparently there is an epidemic of dogs getting into peoples brownies that is causing seizures and death? I don't believe it. They put out the number increase of pets coming in with the complication but no numbers as to the frequency of seizure or death. What do you guys/gals think?? Sounds to me like another attempt to find SOMETHING negative about it in an effort to recriminalize.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=22701750

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Ummm well considering chocolate kills dogs I dont think it's the weed killing them 

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lol what the fuck leave it to the mainstream fucktards to spread disinformation.

If this is real or whatever, keep your edibles in a drawer. Very simple. They're just spreading propaganda because weed is now legal

• Like Like x 2
  4. #4 Sgtstadanko707, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    Ahh no. That shit is very real and very deadly. And it's not the chocolate. I had to get my dogs stomached pumped for a cool 500 bucks. Just youtube and you will see. It's vary sad. My dog was falling all over pissing all over and would not stop drooling. They can die easily from a od.

5. Epidemic?? haha, it's called being responsible and putting your edilbles safely away so that no pet can get to them.  Simple as that.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Certainly the owners are responsible for keeping them in a safe place.  Most dogs cant open up fridges/freezer/ drawers.  When you take Tylenol do you just leave the bottle open were your dog/child could access it? 

• Like Like x 1
  7. And what did your dog eat to get it pumped?

8. Snicker doodle. Chocolate is not as bad as they make it out to be. They did a blood test and said it was weed posing. Very common in my area becuse of all the pot farms. It's strange becuse I have seen my dogs eat nugs off the ground with no problem.
    They are cookies that put a 150-200lb person on there ass. What do you really think it will do to a 50lb dog.

9. I think they called it an epidemic on another site I read lol, now if they were getting into peoples less-effective-than-cannabis vicodin, xanax, etc. twice daily THAT would really be an epidemic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I thought weed wasn't that harmful to animals?  I only say this b/c I've seen studies where monkeys and rats were giving insane amounts of weed smoke and no problems other than not recieving oxygen.  I know eating can be different, but there is a difference between over dosing and an actual lethal dose.  I dont think dogs could die from it, but they could be too fucked up, which is still not good.  By using the words 'over dose' it makes it sound like the animals were in immediate danger of dying, which I find to be false, too fucked up, yes but not close to death. 

• Like Like x 2
  11. One certainly shouldn't. I've had family leave medication out before and my cat took one of my brother's blood pressure meds. Luckily he only laid down and wouldn't get up for one day. Scared the crap out of me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Oh but if a dog gets ahold of your Xanax, then that's totally ok! Good job abc!

13. Lol.

I wonder if ABC also disclosed, in fairness, that people are actively treating their dogs and other pets with RSO and edibles. Yes, including cancer.

This issue should be as simple as keeping toothpaste, alcohol or any other medications etc away from access by kids or pets.

14. #14 DorianOmega, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014

No animal has ever died from a marijuana overdose... you got scammed 500 bucks from your vet dude.

Just google has a dog ever died from a marijuana overdose and youl find that marijuana has never been the direct link to a death in any dog or animal ever, usually when there is a death in an animal that eats a stash its because of something like intestinal blockage from the plastic bag was the reason, NOT a cannabis over dose...

• Like Like x 1
  15. http://youtu.be/yxwwZ7485Ko

Yeah. Nothing wrong there. Ok it's not the mj that kills them. It's the dehydration. They dog will just keep shitting and vomiting until
    Dehydration. Are you one of thos hard heads to. Weed can't kill anything.

16. First it was the "children." Now it's "the pets."

Considering most people could care less if a person dies in a movie, but if the dog gets it? People care. I guess the prohibs need new fodder to capitalize on stupid pets owners' fears. Nice try.

• Like Like x 2
  17. It will give them another reason to tax. Pet drug prevention programs.

• Like Like x 1