EPA closes the last lead smelter in the United States, Backdoor gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Dec 2, 2013.

1. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/01/Higher-Ammo-Prices-Anticipated-As-EPA-Regs-Close-Lead-Smelter

To those who wonder where all the jobs went and why we only have shitty service jobs left, this is why. The EPA since its creation has driven out industry from the US that combined with all the other federal agencies and there regs along with tax rates make it unprofitable to have a business here. You can only live in lefty utopia lalala land for so long before the chickens come home to roost. 

2. we can just use happy meal toys from china from now on.

3. A slightly different viewpoint -

http://bearingarms.com/its-the-end-of-the-primary-lead-smelter-in-herculaneum-and-i-feel-fine/

http://sierrabullets.wordpress.com/2013/11/01/sierra-responds-how-will-the-closure-of-the-lead-smelting-plant-affect-sierra-bullets/

If they're passing out bullets in Happy Meals, what menu item gets you a gun?

5. I think he means the lead in the cheap plastic :p

6. Ohhhhhhhh

Also, Jimmy Carter "liked" my post. I'm not sure how to feel about this...

7. If the pollution is effecting peoples health and private property then it should be shut down, no? If the lead is polluting a farmers land near the smelting plant(which it most likely is), isnt that a violation against his private property? Shouldnt you as a libertarian be against this blantant disrespect of someones property?

8. #8 goober0331, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013

Yes, so lets actually let people have the ability to create lawsuits against companies, instead of having entities like the EPA/FDA/Corporate welfare for large corporations to hide behind. If you can prove all these things then go ahead and sue. Its called property rights, and it goes a long way, if used correctly.

What I got from this, is that the EPA is just shutting down some business, and using batteries now as the primary way of getting lead for ammo, and any pure lead is going to have to come from some other country.

Why? Because the majority of lead used for bullets comes from batteries? So why should you close a lead smelter, who can refine the pure lead, and into something to be used?

It would be interesting to see if any big business has their hands in this affair.

Regardless of what the lead is being used for, the real troubling issue is that the plant was forced to close due to much tighter government regulations that were simply adopted by the EPA (not due to a change in the law, or anything else).  Is this what we want our government to do?  I'm sure that is your idea of utopia, but I for one am not in favor of government controlling free enterprise in this manner. 

You are assuming facts not in evidence.  There is absolutely no evidence that the plant was polluting land around it.  The EPA just decided to tighten up the standards for it.  Imagine the hell you would raise if, 80% of the way through the school year, one of your professors simply decided to completely change his grading system, from the typical 90-80-70-60 scale to 99-98-97-96.  You would have no choice but to fail the class, drop out of school, and do something different.  Lets say he only did that to YOU, because he decided you shouldn't be in whatever major you were in.  That's essentially what the EPA has done.  They decided to do away with this type of industry, so they did.  They are doing the same thing to coal-fired power plants, and numerous other industries.  Is that a good thing for an un-elected agency of our government to be able to do?

10. #10 forty winks, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
    Wtf you talking about?  The thread title and other loony media outlets make it sound like the plant closure is some kinda backdoor gun control conspiracy.  I simply provided a gun lover link that shows otherwise.  I also linked to the company in question which disproves the misleading agenda promulgated by the freak shows.

As far as free enterprise goes, that's a whole other story and best kept for fiction writers to explore.

Plus, I don't believe in any utopia like you claim I do.  Reality just won't allow me such a silly luxury.

11. "Pure lead, in fact, is not desirable for the creation of ammunition as it is too soft." :huh: 

They must not do a lot of actual killing with their firearms.

12. #12 jay-bird, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
    I love how nobody sees how this is NWO/Technocracy/Agenda 21 tied-in.

13. #13 lilro, Dec 3, 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWHXo3clywk

14. #14 wolftigerosebud, Dec 3, 2013

I see and raise you a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJFdCmN98s

15. Love 5 guys but they don't have happy meals, playa.

16. Hah I guess that's true.

17. hahahahahahahahah

18. LMAO, it's been awhile since I've seen that one, forgot about it...