Enzymes and microbes? Why?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Arcticgrower11, Nov 24, 2011.

1. So I'm starting to understand that enzymes are supposed to be good along with microbes but I'm not sure why or what each do and how they are related.

Any dankmasters out there know?

2. Enzymes are the key to life. Your question is very vague, not sure what you're asking info on.

3. I think he's asking the difference between the 2

4. I guess im asking what each of them do. I've used only nutrient additives but not enzymes or microbes so I'm wondering what each does

5. They add life to the soil I think ... You need it for soilless mix because it's technically dead , idk exactly how they work all I know is the plants benefit from it :p

6. All I needed to know! Just switched to a soilless mix

7. Certain microbes are beneficial to the plant, they "eat" complex molecules and break them down to simple building-block elements that the plant needs (nitrogen, potassium, etc) and can uptake once the microbes have broken them out of more complex molecules.

8. [quote name='"toastybiz"']Certain microbes are beneficial to the plant, they "eat" complex molecules and break them down to simple building-block elements that the plant needs (nitrogen, potassium, etc) and can uptake once the microbes have broken them out of more complex molecules.[/quote]

What's a good product for microbes? Is this what voodoo juice is for from advanced nutrients