Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Entrapment?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by sektr, Sep 3, 2013.

1. I was with my dealer last night when he got a text from an out-of-area number saying theyd been given his number and were "wondering if they can get some pot".

Now normally this wouldn't be surprising, school's starting back up and he's been putting his number out there, but the way they phrased it tripped us out. He never sent them a text back, but it got me wondering:

Is it legal for the cops to text a supposed dealers number blatantly asking to pick up?

2. I seen them do something like that on COPS before. they busted some dealer and his phone kept ringing and they caught like 4 people by saying 'Yeah sure come on by, im just answerin his phone cause hes doin somethin right now'.

3. #3 Dryice, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013
    Yes. Cops have even sold drugs to people to pinch buyers. The issue with entrapment is that what the officers do cannot influence your behavior. I,e, you want to get drugs. You're going to get them either way, through the cops unwittingly (in this scenario) or through your normal guy. They're allowed to sell them to you because of the fact that if they weren't cops it'd be a 'normal' illegal buy for you. I know that's not a very satisfying response, but that's what has been taught to me when I took a criminal law class.

Cliff notes; not entrapment if its something you usually do

4. So they'd be allowed to do it in the reverse situation where it's THEM making the buy? Strange, seems like the definition of entrapment.

5. Wouldnt do it either way. Its cops or a dumb ass. You should vouch for a friend if he wants your dealers number or smoke with him before he can trust you.

6. No. They will send an undercover to buy weed from him. The undercover will find out how much weed he has. If he aint a kingpin, they will flash $1000 cash and ask where they can get pounds of the stuff. I speak from experience.

7. Like the guy said above, for it to be entrapment it must be an act which you never planned, intended or would normally do without the police involvement

Man I love watching cops and laughing at the idiots trying to claim entrapment. YOU wanted drugs, YOU sought them out, YOU paid for them, YOU got arrested for buying drugs....where in that chain were u entrapped? Reverse it for dealers.

Now if say you have No criminal record, some dude (undercover cop) approaches you and says hey man you wanna come steal a car with me? Now we are approaching entrapment territory.

8. Cops: haha im gunna act like im selling weed and totes bust whoever wants some!

Either I'm too high or that just sounds silly.

9. #9 PAToke775, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    Not entrapment.

Tell your "dealer" that's it's extremely stupid to "put his number out there" when he's using it to sell something illegal.

10. An example of entrapment would be if you get a text FROM a dealer saying, "Hey, want to buy some chron", you meet up, and it's a cop.  That's entrapment.  It's hard to explain the difference, it's like... by logic, if it's a cop asking to buy from a dealer, it's already assumed that they are selling to other people, and the fact that they are going to sell to a cop is just proof.

If a cop is going out of his way to sell drugs to you, and is trying to "pull you in" to do something you otherwise wouldn't, that's entrapment.

11. Thanks for Savin me some typing. What a jackass. Dumb school kids are the easiest for the police to flip. They get popped driving home with stuff from you. Guess who the next person is that will be calling you back for another sack.

12. Tommy Chong's bong company wasnt allowed to sell to Pennsylvania. What did the Feds do? They placed an order from Pennsylvania and they got their bong shipped. Then, they arrested Tommy. Our government is corrupt as any, they're just better at hiding it.

13. Wasn't even his company either. I believe he just sold the licensing rights to use his image. I'm thinking his son actually owned and ran the company but I could be wrong on that.