Entourage Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Bencker, Aug 6, 2008.

1. #21 BillDavis, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2008
    You just said the show was fun and addicting to watch but we should be ashamed for liking it. Whats up with that? If you want to hide the fact that you enjoy the show thats cool but don't come on here saying we should be ashamed of enjoying it just because you are...

2. I said it was fun and addicting because it is. Which is why I have seen the first 2 seasons. But why continue to watch something that has no development what so ever? It's vapid entertainment. Just like Sex and the City, and Desperate Housewives.

There is absolutely nothing to the show, an 18 year old High school kid could write the damned thing. The characters are cardboard thin... always in the same situations and always saying different variations of the same lines.

I have no problem with people who enjoy vapid and empty shows that are enjoyable to them, because something has to entertain you. I just don't see how people can claim that this show is the best thing running out there.

3. i'll watch entourage any day

4. entourage is my favorite show and i'm pumped for this season. dunno whats gonna happen but i hope its good. ari is the best character for sure, just has some of the funniest shit to say all the time

5. :hello::laughing: Dude fix the quote again. You quoted something Foop posted. Don't be an idiot;).

6. You guys need to check the water your drinking.

And thanks for pointing the snapdawg post again Cali, I missed it.

To snapdawg, please stop watching Entourage blazed as hell. The show ain't that deep and you are over analyzing it. Everything seems complex and deep when you are stoned, that is why it is getting stoned.

Haha that is hilarious right there. It is a show about a bunch of friends who mooch off their friend for 4 seasons and live the lives of celebrities. It glamorizes everything it shows and the characters never ever realize the kind of leeches they are. Where is the commentary when the characters never pay for their actions, or realize their actions and the show never pays a moments consideration to it either.

I might agree that it was a poignant commentary on the issues you brought up about the show, if the show actually was making those points. But it is not. There is no revealing of the under belly of Hollywood, or the prejudice or the power of money, the corruption or any greed.

It shows all these things in a positive light. Vince gets paid millions and buys a bunch of fun toys. They all party hard spending his money and making jokes. I will give it to you that E is a good character and has some depth, along with Aria... but that is it. Two characters a show does not make.

7. I just don't get how any of you can hate on a show that has johnny drama as a character.

8. Drama is god. and i think they need to tone down ari a little bit. he is becoming too predictable and unrealistic.

9. Okay, I am watching the first two episodes of season 5 right now (I think it is season four)... not having seen any episodes since season 2 and I am digging on it more than I thought. I think that these two episodes are laying down some nice groundwork for fun dynamics and character depth... so I am intrigued where this could go at the moment.

10. ...the first two of season 5 are disappointing... perhaps it was just anticipating it all summer that let me down

11. The first episode was better than the second tho i think the first should have been longer since it was the premiere

12. clearly the best show on tv as of now

13. The second episode of this season wasn't that great... But the last one where Ari went to Brandon Davies office was hilarious. Ari and Drama make the show. Drama more so then Ari...

14. i was a little sad i actually thought i was goin to see Ari fuck someone up

15. I love Ari, I think he is a great character, and Jeremy Piven is a great actor. But was I the only one that didn't think Ari was cool when he 'bitch slapped' Adam Davies than asked him to apologize. I thought it was hilarious and laughed like crazy, but I wouldn't have done it that way.

Ari sent multiple nude pics of Adam Davies gf/special lady to him, than he freaks out thinking Adam is way out of line when he sent them.

Ari is the shit, but if I was Davies that would have just antagonized me more.

16. New episode tonight. Looks like they're going to shroom in Joshua Tree, sweet :D. Anybody been to Joshua Tree? Fucking sweet place if you like that type of stuff.

17. Last weeks episode was great. I laughed my ass off during the whole ari/adam battle.

18. Ari still should have knocked him the fuck out but Sunday is the only time in the week I enjoy watchin TV cuz of Entourage

19. Anyone see the new episode? All of them go out and trip shrooms in the desert.

best episode ever

20. oh man i could not stop laughin, ari got me geekin the most when he was trippin