Entheo:genesis, awakening the divine within

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by garrison68, Feb 1, 2009.

1. I saw the film ENTHEO:GENESIS, AWAKENING THE DIVINE WITHIN, in a NYC theater, and it's on DVD as well. Features appearences by Ralph Metzner, Alex Grey, Terrence McKenna, and others.

http://www.entheogen.tv/

2. do you have any personal reviews on it? was it good? was it boring? was there something interesting in it?

3. #3 garrison68, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2009
    I enjoyed it very much - I don't normally like modern documentary films like this, esp. when they jump around to air the views and philosophies of different people, but this one worked for me. I also enjoyed the artwork and animation, which were very trippy. There were some very cool machine-like graphic creations in the film that looked similar to visions that Terrence McKena and others have described having while on DMT. I bought a copy of the DVD in the theater lobby, and am planning on watching it again, at home, soon.

4. good trailer...im gonna watch it
    prolly tonight if i can find it online

5. looks pretty interesting, is it a new movie? Just asking cus if its new over in the US it will take a few months before its released over here.

6. yeah i cant find it online

7. #7 des esseintes, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2009
    $35 for me to even see it?

have you got any more opinions about it before i think about getting it.

I love everything about entheogens or shamans or witch doctors.

think looks like something i can dig

found this

http://www.guba.com/watch/3000116108

8. I'm glad I saw it in the theater, and that I bought the DVD

I can't guarantee that anyone will like it, I just know that I did, and still do. BTW, I'm not affiliated in any way with the production or makers of the movie. :D Please support this project, so that they can continuie their work. 25 bucks is a givaway for something of this quality, IMO.

Unfortunatly, it was made a few years ago, and they still can't get a distributor because of the subject matter. What else can we expect in this society? :devious:

9. That's it. Don't know if the online version has surround sound, but on the DVD, and in the theater, the sound was very high quality. Enjoy!

10. yeah i just finished watching it
    really good stuff
    seems like it would be a good movie to watch tripping
    it inspired me to try lsd again hahaha