Enter the Void

Discussion in 'Movies' started by thabosshogg, Jan 17, 2011.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKRxDP--e-Y]YouTube - Enter The Void - Official Trailer [HD][/ame]

I just watched this last night, and it blew my mind. The way it is filmed is awesome. It's the kind of movie that leaves a huge mental impact on you.

Has anyone else seen it? If so what did you think of it?

If you haven't seen it, it is about a drug dealer, who, while tripping on lsd, smokes some dmt, and goes to make a drug deal that will end his life. The majority of the movie takes place from the view of this guy's spirit after he dies.

It is all filmed from his perspective (first person). It will fuck your mindpussy visciously.

It is quite depressing as well, but beautiful at the same time. It really makes you feel the emotional depth of human existence.

I recommend you watch it, but be warned you will be emotionally drained when it is over.

It is also the trippiest movie I have ever seen, by a long shot, and I've seen many trippy movies (from Holy Mountain, to Fear and Loathing).

The first 10 minutes alone make it worthwhile.

2. This movie does a good job of making you feel like you are in the movie. When that drug set-up went down, I even felt my adrenaline start to flow.

3. Yeah same here man. My heart rate was pretty fast right after he dies. That whole scene is intense as fuck. It's incredibly immersive. My eyes stayed glued to the screen the whole time.

This was also the first movie I've ever seen that was done entirely in a first person perspective, and it did a damn good job of it too. I think that had a lot to do with making you feel as if you are in the movie.

4. Thanks for the trailers of the movie, I haven't seen this flick yet but i have heard from my friends that it is good drama..

5. i just saw this the other day, and it was intense.
    seriously impressed at how good it was, blew my mind.
    it really made you feel like you are in the film, how its all filmed in pretty much one floaty shot.
    tripped me out hard.
    9.9999999999999999/10

i havent seen this dudes other film 'irreversible' though, because i saw a scene on youtube and it look pretty fucked up, not that enter the void wasnt pretty heavy, but irreversible just looks like too much for me.

6. well now its on my netflix

7. good interesting one.

8. I really liked this movie...You should watch Enter the Void movie...

9. i watched this movie on shrooms. it was the most fucked up shit ever.

10. I can imagine it would have been. I watched A Scanner Darkly on acid that shit was nuts.;)

11. Lol, I can imagine.

I don't think I would ever watching this while tripping. It gets too depressing for that as it goes on.

The car crash scenes alone would have ruined my trip.

12. Bump

Watched this movie the other day...thread deserves a bump.

13. Watched this movie last night for the first time and thought it was pretty insane. I agree that it will drain you as a viewer.

Definitely not for everyone, but anyone who appreciates brilliant cinematography should see it because you haven't seen the first person done quite like this. The soundtrack was a trip as well, large contributor to intensifying scenes and making you feel uncomfortably curious about what is happening.

14. Wow after reading all this. I turned on Netflix and packed a fat bowl. I'm pumped

15. This movie was gnarly, but to be honest, I couldn't finish it. It became too repetitive of ideas that started out unique in the beginning of the film. Definitely a trip.

16. Awesome movie. Really describes the tibetan book of the dead :)

17. This movie was Wow. Disturbing. Beautiful. I watched it on netflix and couldn't stop thinking about it for days afterward. Japan is a lot more sketchy than I thought.
    My little sister watched it and thought it was boring.

He kept asking around for DMT, which I didn't get. Was that an important part of the movie that just went over my head? :confused:
    I have to watch it again sober, but I'm a little afraid to. The abortion scene is fucked up. :(