enough lighting for my room????? have a look plz

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Deno420, Jan 31, 2013.

1. What's good gs! Planning on moving my grow to a diff room. I am currently in a 9.5 x 6.5 flower room with 2kwatts. Veg is in my bedroom closet with a 6bulb T5and its 4 x 5.5 I'm planning on moving to my rear spear bed room its 10x9ft with a nice 7x8ft closet I can use for veg. I am ordering a 8bulb T5 so I'll have 1 6 bulb and 1 8bulb T5set up in my veg also gonna buy 2 600 watt hps set ups as well.
    My question is reguarding my 10x9ft soon to be flowering room. i have 90sq ft in the flowering room with 3200watts. Is this enough lighting??? I tried to figure watts per sq which is 35.5 BUT I'm not gonna be packing plants wall to wall, yah no. Figure walking room and what not my flowering plant cannapae will be like 8x7 and that's 57.1 watts per sq foot. Am I doing this rite???? Do I sq feet my plant cannapae or my whole room for watts per sq ft??? And is this enough lighting??? Thanks folks

2. General rule of thumb is 50 watts/ square foot...IMO you should take into consideration the size of your canopy. If you are calculating 57 watts for the total size of your available growing space (excluding walkroom etc), i believe you would be fine :).