enough light for veg???????

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jadatoker, Mar 6, 2011.

1. I have four 40 watt fluorescent tube lights & four 13 watt cfl but they are called 60 replacement buld & say they put out 825 lumens each hanging next to the plants.I have four three foot plants is this enough light for my current veg & will it be enough if I put more in in the future?

2. Not sure I'm running 16 23watt=100watt bulbs in my cab for 4 plants. Their all cfls by the way.

3. oh & to add to it I'm running a half & half mixture of 2700k & 6500k in the light spectrum is that the right one or should I take away or add to the light spectrum?

4. ??????????

5. I know it should be a 3:1 ratio, 3 6500k:1 2700k

6. Ok thanks I'm about to head to the store as we speak & get some more 6500k bulbs hopully I can finds a few more y outlets so I can add some more light,do you think the 13 watt cfl are even worth running or should I go with bigger bulbs it says it only puts out 25 less lumens then a 60 watt bulb but idk if that is the same tho

7. Me personally I went with the 23 watt= to 100watt bulbs, they put out about 1600 lumens. Its like 10 bucks for a box of 4 of them at just about any hardware store.

8. Dam was you just in wal mart with me lol that the ones I just bought a four pack and some more outlets

9. #9 Tempyr, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
    No but I shop there a lot its amazing where you can find stuff that can be converted to growing applications. You should also look for brear rabbits unsulphered molasses, it can be found there too.

10. I just hook up my new light & then there was light lol but its a whole lot brighter in there I have all of them set up except one I forgot one light outlet thingy lol I didn't go with to much of the 2700k bulbs just a few 13 watt one here & there I bought em so I might as well use them I'm still seeing spot from where I was ajusting the light where they was close but not to close I got em about a inch inch & a half away in the middle if the plants.I'm kind mad tho I bought some Y splitters from lowes earllier today but then tonight at walmart I found some one that are like a T & I'm likeing those a whole lot more then the Y splitters should of went a check wal mart out first & they was likr a buck 50 cheaper