enough light for my veg??????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jadatoker, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Im using four 4 foot 34 watt fluorescent lamps over my plants & four 13 watt cfl that equal 825 lumens each hanging next to the plants all of the lights are & mixture of 2700k spectrum 6500k spectrum I have four plants about three feet tall I'm wondering if I have enough light & if I need to add or take away from my light spectrum, any advice or help ?????

2. They say that you need 100watts per plant, and 50-75 per extra plant - depending on the positioning of the lights(plants sharing lights between etc.)

6500k = Vegging,
    2700k = Flower.

How ever some people like to use a mix of spectrums.

For vegging (first week and a half of its life in my case) i only have a single 24 watt CFL over the top of the plant. Then its moved into a bigger area.

Also they say that if you want 100wats of Fluro, you need to get 150watts of fluro(something about how it doesnt really send the light very far.)

3. Ok thanks,so do u have any more advice for cfl grows I'm only using them for veg then for budding switching to 1000 watt sun system but my plants look pretty healthy but I'm not sure if there getting enough light because the nodes don't look that close but I don't really know if its just the strain or not enough light I'm using some bag seed so I don't really know what the hell the strain is but I'm just growing them to make sure my setup is the best I can get it b4 I go buy my supe lemon haze the church & tangerien dream can't wait

Ps excuse my spelling lol