Englishman Facing Death Penalty For Selling Cannabis In Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by imh1m4n, Jun 27, 2012.

1. For fuck sakes, enough is enough... This shit has to stop. >_>

2. Oh my fucking god... really? What is wrong with this world...

3. Why does Abu Dhabi look so nice but the way they think is completely childish?

In my opinion if the undercover cop coaxed him into selling it to him the cop should face the death penalty.

4. It's ridiculous, the fact that in the 21st century people lives are being taken for such minor felonies. What a joke. Also in a country where it's ok for a man to commit adultery but if a woman does she get's serious corporal punishment.

5. Why would he risk it is my question?

6. Of course he's breaking the law in the first place, we can't blame him for that really because many of us do that almost every day, right? He should use his brain though but regardless, death? Seriously?

7. Poor guy, he doesn't even deserve jail let alone death.

Still though, you can't expect too much from the Arab world in terms of humane treatment

8. Death is seriously over the top... and yes, we all break the law regularily by smoking cannabis. However, if I lived in a country where it was punishable by death to smoke/ sell weed. I would either leave the country or just not smoke. It's not worth your life.

The undercover cop is a prick though. Unless of course this guy was some big time dealer and importer. But I think he more than likely helped a 'friend' out by getting him some bud. And if that is the case then that cop is one ruthless bastard to drag him in knowing he's going to get killed for it.

9. You are talking about a country that separates male and females unless they are married while staying in hotels. Fucking moron trying to distribute weed over there, even though the sentence is a bit over the top for the western world.

10. i wont even sell it when i go to santa cruz/santa barbra/SF/LA/Irvine/SD etc

let alone sell that shit overseas

11. ''Drugs - Don't even think about getting involved with drugs. Penalties are severe, and with any proof in your bloodstream, even before you were in the UAE constitutes an offence of trafficking. ''

from a Abu D - Dubai guide

12. The UAE is seriously fucked up. They make the US government look like NORML. I have heard that when you go there, they make you pass through machines that can detect microscopic amounts of cannabis. One person was sentenced to 4 years in prison for 0.003 (not an error, two zeros after the decmial point as in 3/1000) of weed stuck to the sole of his shoe.

13. no kidding. sure it's too bad what's happening to this guy but it's no secret how hard they are on all drug crimes. you can't even bring into the UAE certain over the counter meds as they are banned there.
    it is ridiculously strict, so why take that risk? and claiming ignorance of the law has never saved anyone before.
    i may disagree with their laws, but their laws are still there and enforced so you take your risks, regardless.

14. I don't get why loads of people want to go there. Sounds boring as hell. I'm assuming this overly strict rule is another result of religion. I can only imagine a world without the Abrahamic religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam). One day...

15. anyone look at the comments? "all drug dealers should be killed" "good, another one dead"

heres peoples logic "drugs are bad, drug dealers are bad, kill them"

riiiiiiiiight

16. It's from an extremely dodgy English news site. The people who read it generally are dumb as hell. If you search on there for cannabis a ton of propaganda and crap will come up, read those comments if you want a laugh lol.

17. the fact that so many people are supporting this mans death penalty is more sad than the story

18. Yeah the country is a bad place, blades we get it. However, he sold cannabis. With such a serious penalty why would you ever sell in that country? You'd have to a be a damned idiot. Sucks for him, but he made a bad choice and has to be a man and step up to the consequences.
    :\