English kids 'raving' skrillex review.

Discussion in 'General' started by CaressaRosee, Jul 30, 2012.

1. So.... what do you guys think of this;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OlY7MwihXY&feature=player_embedded]Skrillex Reviewed By Cute Kids - You Review #11 - YouTube[/ame]

I mean.... I'm just baffled, sure they're cute...but really? Making it look like they're raving? And in one part it shows a kid with 'e' in his hands and the kids are grabbing it, I know its not real e... at least I hope not :eek:....but its kind've a bad influence to make them pretend, all for reviewing skrillex, but the reviews that they give are very funny :p.

2. Sounds like bad parenting.

3. Yeah that's stupid.

4. Really wish Skrillex would fall into a black hole

5. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']Really wish Skrillex would fall into a black hole[/quote]

Right? Ahahahaha, I liked him better when he was just 'sonny moore'.

6. [quote name='"LSDForPeace"']Yeah that's stupid.[/quote]

Yeah I lurked the youtube comments, and there's not one hate comment about this video, from what I saw anyway.

Its just like, cmonnnn people...

I just liked the part where one kid was like 'he needs to be more like elton jhon' :p

7. ^this.

Though I do respect him for giving the internet this gif.
    [​IMG]

8. Welcome to the end of the world..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDClZJLkCHg[/ame]

9. Its kind of creepy seeing that type of style in little kids, i see it too much right now and im only in my fuckin 20s haha

10. Can someone help me out on why everyone hates him so much? I dont really follow his music but from what ive heard its alright. Im not about to buy and album or go see him live but im not going to bash him for it. I get that he made dubstep mainstrem and a lot of people like to be hipsters but is it really worth seeing him being bashed on every edm comment section i read?

11. I don't know anything about the guy. Just do not like his music. Dubstep/Skrillex being brought out into the mainstream is the most annoying but neccisary thing that has happened to music latley.

Most of the music sounds like a bad trip on a constant loop. Its horrible to party to unless you are in another dimension. Ever since the music went mainstream it has been funny to wach.... People playing dubstep at drinking parties.... Bunch of drunk hipsters in a dark room trying to figure out how to dance.

By my count it started going mainstream more then a couple years ago when kids started bumping it at festivals. Mad people started listening to it within months and the camp site I go to went from a grateful dead atmosphere to a rave in the woods. Kinda evened out now which is good. More crazy lights at festivals with less music that comes along with crazy lights.

Also I think managers of festivals contributed towards it going mainstream. Two years ago there were more DJ's at the venue I go to then actual bands. Why? Because the band has to haul instruments for four to five people and requires talent. A DJ needs a friend to help lug his equipment up on stage, and some free software to create horrible music. Meaning any DJ is more profitable then say a blue grass band, or a rock band, or a cover band.

12. Its just that he shouldnt even call that shit dubstep but im not into dubstep anymore so i dont really care but i used to hate him.

13. I'm a huge fan of EDM (but not dubstep) and when I go to a show I like to be wowed by the DJ. Any EDM show you go to will have a screen showing what the DJ is doing with his tables and everything else. I usually have my eyes fixed on that screen while I dance my ass off.

Skrillex honestly gets up there, presses play on his computer, and that's it.

He's not a DJ. He doesn't put on a good show. His music is trashy.

14. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']

I'm a huge fan of EDM (but not dubstep) and when I go to a show I like to be wowed by the DJ. Any EDM show you go to will have a screen showing what the DJ is doing with his tables and everything else. I usually have my eyes fixed on that screen while I dance my ass off.

Skrillex honestly gets up there, presses play on his computer, and that's it.

He's not a DJ. He doesn't put on a good show. His music is trashy.[/quote]

Exactly. Ahhah paradiso set up was amazing!!!

And yeah I'm not a huge fan of dubstep in the edm genre, however downtempo dubstep is kinndddveee good.

I'm more of a progressive, dirty electro and trance type of gal.

15. Seeing real DJs scratch is jaw-dropping.

Seeing some kid chain smoke while muting the master track and turning some knobs isn't very impressive, I agree.

16. [quote name='"*ColtClassic*"']

Seeing real DJs scratch is jaw-dropping.

Seeing some kid chain smoke while muting the master track and turning some knobs isn't very impressive, I agree.[/quote]

Ahahah, yessss.. I agree to your statement.

17. Ah I swear theres one of these threads every day ...

"man I hate skrillex so much!"

"me too!"

"cool lets talk about him for 4 pages"

Lulz ensue