Engineers and scientists i need your help

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Cyllas, Oct 27, 2013.

1. I just got perscribed glasses for my eyes, apperently i have asstigmitism...well i want to add a display to them...that constantly projects the ambient temp, and time...or whatever it is i want to put...maybe caller i.d...id like to put a small camera in the frame...maybe a microphone.

Anyways, i cant find any information on if there exists some object that can be put across the lens...like some sort or thin opaque LED screen or something that can be connected to my iphone to flash words and letters across the screen...or maybe some sort of VERY small projector that projects things onto the  lens from a projecter that is attached to a corner or the frame.

This technology exists. IF anything instead of telling me to do reasearch, just give me some search terms..i cannot find much info on this stuff i must really suck at googleing.

ive seen the integrated display glasses that they sell...the ones that look like night vision goggles...im not trying to do that these have to be able to be worn daily...i dont care if they dont look normal, or make me look extremely nerdy...but they cant weigh 30 pounds or have 15 wires coming off of them.

Thanks for any help.

2. #2 Cyllas, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2013
    Is there such thing as a 3 layer (2 non conductive with 1 conductive in the middle) that can be put on lens like a sticker, that is attached via internet or bluetooth to the iphone in my pocket, which uses a ground and small watch battery in the frame to power the screen which could be illuminated from led, or from a small light in the frame possiblly?

It would not be able to affect how well the glasses work though

3. Making glasses like this yourself from the root is nearly impossible mate, especially if you don't know where to start and have no experience with fine electronics and quite possibly programming :p But products like this are on the way and within the next decade we're gonna be seeing a lot of different head mounted displays/glasses/magic that can do everything our handheld devices can.  You might want to look into reconJet, vergence labs, innovega-inc, glassup, might even want to check out 'google glass'... I don't think there's any one product that fits all of your requirements, but in a very short time, there will be. The specific term for what your want is "Smart Glasses" :)

4. :(

I have these things for my head that can now accomodate technology i must take advantage.

5. but i guess i will focus on my studies for now and just patiently wait for my dream to come to life

6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_head-mounted_display

Join the rest of us buddy, as an everyday glasses wearer. Look on the bright side, there are some nice frames available and you can get quite a good style with the right choice. If you were wearing a heads-up display unit, you'd either look like a psychopath or a projection of the "future" circa 1985.

7. Google glass plans to integrate their system onto prescription lenses. There is yet hope, You'll just have to wait a couple years and pay $700.

8. Google Glass does that.

Also, newer technology known as "CastAR", which lets you see normally through glasses, but adds overlaying displays to the image.