Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Engineering+Marijuana+Drug Test = :(

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cyberlink420, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Hey guys, I'm less than four semesters away from receiving my bachelors of Science for Electrical Engineering, and since freshmen year I've been smoking quite a lot. (Don't know how I would have made it through some of those nights of work without it) but I've been taking life a lot more serious as of late, and started thinking about my future in the EE industry. Majority of those companies don't play around when it comes to DT's, some even requiring Hair Tests on some occasions! I can easily cut my indulgence down to nothing, but having to quit until i'm ready to retire while i'm younger than 25 at the moment is really depressing.

I was wondering how many others are close to finishing a degree in a similar field and are having the same thoughts, and what you ultimately will decide to do when the time comes. Also for those that are already established within their career of choice, have internships, co-ops, etc: what was your choice, and have you found a way to integrate weed back into your life with possible Random Drug Test around the corner on any given day?

2. #2 DolphinOvaries, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017

3. I'm in the same boat (not engineering, but a similarly difficult, professional degree) and I believe I will always be able to smoke, besides maybe having to quit for a few short intervals. You want to be an engineer and your asking, let's be honest, a bunch of stoners (Don't get me wrong, I'm one too) for career advice. Your supposed to be the one with the solutions! But for real, your ee , if you want smoke in your career, your smart enough to figure out a way.