Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Engineering and Weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OriginUnknown, Jan 14, 2012.

1. I plan on starting an electrical engineering course in university next year and I really have to wonder, would it be difficult to continue to smoke? When I finish would I run into a lot of trouble with drug testing? Would physics be difficult high? I generally do pretty well with math.

2. It's worth noting that while being high, you could have great thoughts about physics and how things work, with the weed giving you a possibly different perspective. It seems that way for me at least. However, my math skills are horrible while high; if you can still do math and think logically then it might be a tool to success. If weed's not hurting your abilities, then why stop? If it is, then don't smoke, it's simple. :)

3. If you use MJ in a responsible manner, you should be able to do anything....

That is all.

4. The main thing that is bothering me is drug testing. Granted the laws could be different in 5 years when I finish the course, but with current laws a lot of high paying jobs like an engineer require drug testing to some degree. I do plan on moving to Europe when I finish though, either Netherlands or Germany so it may be a bit different due to the laws there.

5. I see. I have no idea on drug testing and engineering jobs, but I would assume you will have enough advance warning to clean your system out before having to apply somewhere.

6. I myself am studying to become an mechanical engineer; I was smoking every day after class, once in a while before class. From my experience i am horrible at math while high, other than that weed has motivated me to actually study and do better in school. I currently do not smoke due to not having a connect, but once the spring semester starts i hope to find one and smoke everyday while getting high grades.

7. Don't smoke right before you start your calculus homework! Made that mistake maany a time.
    If you're responsible about it you'll be fine.

8. I have my degree in joint engineering...

but you shouldn't just smoke and go with the flow.... Actually go learn how to do everything and then when you get to the point were you feel you are comfortable doing that while high then by all means toke away lol

9. I am currently an Industrial Engineering major at a well ranked university and I smoke almost every day. As long as you don't let the weed get in the way of your academics, you will be fine! :smoke:

10. I've engineered quite a few joints in my day too.... no degree there though :(

11. Try it. If you cant, dont do it. If you can, all power to you.

12. Sophomore ME here. Just prioritize when you need to and get your shit done. Overall engineering isn't as hard as people think, but its still in the top 5% hardest majors at your school. Work hard when you need to and party hard on the weekends.

Oh and don't be surprised if you have to put in an absurd amount of studying. Last semester, I averaged probably about 20-24 hours studying per test for statics and dynamics and about half that for my other classes.

Tldr; prioritize