Engagement ring price?

Discussion in 'General' started by coraygc, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Hey blades,  Just wondering if you guys don't mind sharing, about how much did you pay for an engagement ring?

2. i'm cheap and my girl doesn't wear jewelry, so I got a nice 1/4k diamond. spent like $300. if you have the money and price is no problem, then i'd say 2 months pay.

3. 2 carats.. prices fluctuate..

If she's the one and you really know it.. :smoke:

4. haha shit 2 carats! That's expensive shit

5. People starting out don't need expensive symbols.  How about a simple gold band?  Those are classic and can't be criticised like a cheap diamond will be.  They give the impression that to you the thought is what counts, not how much you spent.  After a few years you can upgrade if the band isn't holding you guys together.

6. #6 Firefly1628, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
    I heard once that you the ring should amount to one months salary. idk if thats normal or not, but thats what i heard.

7. Why are people suppose to buy an engagement ring AND a wedding ring and women expect them both to be ballin as fuck

8. #8 garrison68, Aug 14, 2013
    It's a waste of money, if you ask me.  I didn't buy one for my wife.  I wouldn't have known what to pick out, and she didn't care about it anyway.  

Cause women are all gold-diggers and only care about materialistic crap. 

10. Well, there is meaning behind the design I seek. Going to be a couple small rubys and diamonds in a nice setting...idk how quite yet.  Just wondering how much that might be, I don't really know jewelery too well.  Guess I might just go to a mom and pop shop and look around

11. The recommended amount to spend on your wife's ring is 3 months pay...

12. No, they're not all this way - although a high percentage of them are.  

13. paid 250 for a quarter carat once..glad I went with the 250 one lol

14. I'm going to buy something really nice. Like $5k-$10k nice. Probably Tiffany & Co.

I don't believe in being excessive, I would never buy my woman endless diamond rings and necklaces; rampant materialism is annoying to me. I want my woman to have a stunning engagement ring though. It's symbolic you want to spend the rest of your life with her. I think you should cough up a chunk of cash :smoking:

15. Idk about that much, but I agree. I think my budget is like $2350 or so 

16. #16 Unsustainable, Aug 14, 2013
    $3000 for the Stone and the setting in Platinum.  Went for higher quality stone fully certified AGS 000 in 3/4 Carat.  Stone bought Wholesale from Canada Loose.   Appraisal for Insurance was just over 5k.
    i can get you a link to the stone site.  They have all sizes, colors, cuts etc.  

Wife's sister has 1.5 carats and on her little hand she catches it on clothes and stuff ...

17. Just don't be the young couple that over-spends, gets married, fights over money problems, divorces after a few years. :smoke:

18. I bought both engaement ring and wedding ring set for $1000 back in 1989

19. All i know...

Is that my mom NEVER wore her wedding ring and lost atleast three..

Id go Gold Band. Its classy, not to showy, and shows your thinking deeper than "I wanna make my girl bling"

And if shes like my mom its not a waste of money.

My moms current "Life Partner" Hes a guy btw shes just a hippy bought her a REALLY nice Engadgment ring.. and she left it sitting in her medical cabinet for MONTHS until his druggy kid stole it and sold it for Pills lol

20. Someone sounds a little jaded.