energy saving bulbs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by th smokinggiant, Feb 15, 2005.

1. hi all,
    just a quick question.
    ya no the energy saving bulbs ya can buy, well i bought a 100watt/1500 lumens yesterday and its not a problem now but when they start budding i need them on i timer which i have ready but on the packaging it says the bulbs cant be used with timers!
    is this nothing to worry bout and ppl still use them on the timer or is it a big nono.

2. I dont know why it cant be used with a timer..but if it says it cannot, my guess is it can't..dont see why they'd lie to you :p

3. yeh man cheers,
    i know it definatly says no timer but i jus wounderd if anyone has ignored this and its been fine.

4. yo bro, they are prolly lieing to u cuz they dont want thier lites to be used for growing the herb.

peace
    - 2 -
    :smoking:

5. wtf would the bulb have to do with the timer? that makes no sense

6. A timer is just another type of switch so it WILL work

7. HIGH All, Some Energy saving bulbs don't work with electronic sensors, dimmers and timers. So always check your manufacturer's instructions first.

8. thanks for the feedback u guys.
    i would risk it but its sound rite what was said by unoit cos they wouldnt write it down on the pakaging if there wasnt any saftey issuse.
    Any of you guys ever used one on timer and its bin fine? :confused:

9. Its not often i would contridicite offf unoit but take it from me it will work

10. HIGH All, it's a safty issue..plus I've never had them on timers..so I don't know if it'd be safe or not..just hate to see something grow wrong. Contradict me All you want The jokeall...it's how we All learn.

11. great words of wisdom from the unoit. it makes sense man, dont wont my crib burning down cos o sum saftey issue i past by.
    thanks for your veiws all the same dudes.

take it easy :smoking: all

12. Id hate to see something go wrong as well,i wouldnt intensionally give out bad or unsafe advice.and your right. thats how we learn from each other.

13. thats rite my friend, cheers al the same.