Energy drinks

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Marscadet, Dec 16, 2013.

1. lately i've been consuming over 200mg of caffeine a day from various energy drinks, then smoke about a gram to fall asleep.am i slowly destroying my body?

2. They are not good for you and they are a waste if you are just drinking them and going to sleep.

3. i use them to get me through classes and work, otherwise i wouldn't mess with them.

4. #4 Delightfully High, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
    Energy drinks are terrible for your body ,and mind. I recommend you kick them ASAP. I did ,and my body is thanking me for it (as will your's).

5. Energy drinks are bad, not necessarily because of the caffeine, but because all of that other shit they put in it. I drink up to five cups of green tea a day, and not only does it energize me, it compliments the herb beautifully. 

6. You'd be a lot better off having a cup of good coffee - pry get a lot more 'stimulated' too.

Those energy drinks are filled with chemicals and nasty shit your bod doesn't need :smoking:

7. like what?

8. Sugar. All kinds of sugar.

9. what kind of sugar?

10. Glucose according to my 2 minute research.

11. what else is in them?

12. Hmm. Depends on the brand.

I don't drink caffeine, but to each their own eh?

13. Protein shakes, milk shakes and some fruits shakes are healthy drinks. Please avoid caffeine and drinking coffie or tea lot more.

14. I don't feel the need for coffee or energy drinks. I feel its better to not be dependent on either. Also stop masturbating if you are, this is also unnecessary as it drains energy, it will even affect you the next day. If you ever have brain fog its probably from jerking it.

15.  I used to consume these things like they were nothing, literally, I drank at least 1 every day! Terrible for you, absolutely horrible crap! Please, OP, for your own health, STOP drinking these. If you need something to "wake you up" try certain foods and coffee or tea, something a little more natural and better for you. 
    Energy drinks are terrible for your heart, health, not to mention all the sugar and crap in them as well. Just not a good thing to drink. 

16. #17 Trogdor, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
    People's bodies respond differently, but for me personally, caffeine and energy drinks are my nemesis.

Yes, they do wake me up and make me feel more motivated and productive, but they also make me nervous.  Very not good because I am in sales.  I do a horrible job of selling when I get nervous.

Also, caffeine usually doesn't help me work faster or better.  It may feel like it does, but I time myself with a stop watch, and usually actually do worse when caffeinated. 

Finally, speeding myself up with caffeine makes it harder and harder to wake up and get moving in the morning, unless I get a caffeine fix when I get up.  This is bad because I need it earlier more often, and more of it the more I use it.

I try to get off of it and stay off, but it's goddamn addictive and sold everywhere!  Some days when I feel tired, I'll cave in and buy a can of diet coke or a small coffee, ( I usually drink half of the coffee and dump the rest of it out) but I try to stay disciplined.

17. Not only body. It will effect your life also. Stop doing that.