Enemies of the People of the State of California

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by NefariousBredd, Oct 28, 2011.

1. #1 NefariousBredd, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2011
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

Here are the names and faces of the lawyers (edit) who have continually demonstrated that your legal rights to affect change in policy in the state of California are worthless. These are the main players behind the most recent attempt to shut down your voter-approved MMJ programs. Now that you see them and know their names, what are you going to do about it?

Andre Birotte:
    [​IMG]

Meet Andre Birotte Jr. | Main Justice

Melinda Haag:
    [​IMG]

Melinda Haag | Main Justice

Benjamin B Wagner:
    [​IMG]

Meet Benjamin Wagner | Main Justice

Laura Duffy:
    [​IMG]

Meet Laura Duffy | Main Justice

These are some evil folks. Request to the GC Activism forums: Can you help me track down contact info for these "people"? Any other information would be appreciated as well. We need to turn up the heat on these types of "people" as much as possible.

2. #2 ocsurfer, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011

Nooooo! :confused:

These are NOT California legislators. They are agents of the U.S. Government. They do not make or enforce California laws.

Just wanted to clear that up!

And for the record there are a few California legislators who have spoken up in opposition to the federal crackdown :)

http://norml.org/news/2011/10/27/california-attorney-general-lawmakers-criticize-federal-government-s-crackdown-on-state-s-medical-marijuana-providers

3. First thing I wanna do is print out laura duffys picture and piss on it.

4. contact info, I bet you can find it at the americans for safe access site

5. California legislators? These are the four U.S. Attornies assigned to this state. I don't think they have "continually demonstrated that your legal rights to affect change in policy in the state of California are worthless" as you say - in fact, I don't think most people even knew who they are. Regardless, you're on the right track with someone trying to railroad the dispensaries. I just think the heat is coming more from the local level and the feds have happily obliged with the DEA and the IRS. What a dumb-ass thing for the govt to do in a huge democratic majority state a year before elections.

6. #6 NefariousBredd, Oct 29, 2011
    Legislator: A person who writes and passes laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legislator

That's what they are.

Andre Birotte:

U.S. Attorney Defends Medical Marijuana Crackdown | NBC Los Angeles

Melinda Haag:

Feds to Pot Shops: No One is Safe - The Bay Citizen

Benjamin Wagner:

Where The Marijuana Grows: Feds Target Landowners | WBUR & NPR

Laura Duffy:

San Diego U.S. Attorney Looks Into Medical Pot Ad Prosecutions | Main Justice

I only posted one link a piece. Want more? There are plenty.

7. Hmmm... the Feds have highly infiltrated local politics, however. Take for instance this "jobs bill" Obama is pushing. It would give the Attorney General $4 Billion to dole out in "grant form" to the local police. Any time there is this "grants" process, you can be assured it will go to those departments which have demonstrated the greatest commitment to Federal agendas. They are doing it with the school systems in a "compete to the top" bullshit grants program, etc.

Top down. This is coming from the Feds, not local CA government. Any local compliance is chasing the Fed monopoly money as has been the case for some time.

8. #8 Spliffin Bowls, Oct 29, 2011

Is this a joke? A US Attorney is not a legislator. A legislator is elected by the people to the legislature. A US Attorney is appointed by the DoJ to the courts. Read your own links. 4 legislators in California's bicameral houses couldn't wield so much authority on their own.

Source: 4 years of Political Science. Want my textbooks too or are you going to insist on Wikipedia as being a valid academic resource?

9. #9 NefariousBredd, Oct 29, 2011
    Hey man, I respect education, yours no less than anyone else's. This is not an argument, I've made up my mind thoroughly as far as these folks are concerned. I have no problem removing reference to these people as elected legislators - you are most correct, they are not. My original, previously trusted, source was flawed and I defended it to quickly. I have corrected my original post to reflect this. That being said, these are the people playing smoke and mirrors with the Obama administration. There is significant public record of each and every one of these people putting a public face on prohibition.

This is not a joke. If you want to make it a contest of semantics, by all means, pat yourself on the back. I stand corrected and have no problems admitting error. Regardless, these people are leading the charge. The media wants to play like the Obama administration has nothing to do with it, than at the very least we should be making it uncomfortable to be his scapegoat. These people have taken responsibility for publicly undermining a voter-approved initiative in the state of California.

Does anyone have anything to say in defense of these people? The links I've posted are among many, all centered on California, all amounting to attacks on the MMJ system as it stands. Are there people, aside from the Obama Administration, that we can hold more directly accountable? I want to see their names and faces.

10. I want to meet them in person and club them in the face with a Louisville Slugger Baseballbat.

11. My sentiment exactly. The point of the post is to put a face to these prohibs. As a previous poster has commented, most people don't even know who they are. Now a few more do.

12. Try not to look at Melinda Hag's picture. You might turn to stone!

13. Fuck The Government

14. God they even look like a bunch of stuck up self righteous bitches. Always trying to force their morality on others while they surely have more than a few of their own skeletons in the closet.

15. I doubt they even have a morality beyond self-centered gain. I'm sure they're getting paid well for their efforts, and I'm the money is the only thing they care about. It's definitely not about "the children", as the greatest threat they face in the current legal climate is arrest. It's definitely not "the people" who are bankrolling this Civil War against their own. It's definitely not based on any sound science, as they have none to justify their actions.